Reservation advice needed

Answered!
Julie4652
Level 2
Duras, France

Reservation advice needed

Hi everyone,

I am a complete beginner on airbnb. Have listed my property & received my first request which I am not too sure how to respond to. I have stated a minimum 3 night stay. Someone has requested a stay of 3 nights but on 13th, 14th & 16th July. Not 15th as they are staying elsewhere. I'm not too sure how to respond to this. Can I please have some opinions from hosts with more experience than myself.

Many thanks,

Julie

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Julie4652 

I am confused about your question.

You have set minimum stay to 3 nights, a booking request can only be 3 consecutive nights or more.

Technically it is impossible to sent a booking request for not consecutive nights.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Julie4652 🌸 Did they maybe send you a message using the “contact host” link (it is called “an inquiry” in Airbnb language not a request) - they just sent you a message basically. “A request” is when guests have already decided to stay and added credit card details and only need you to accept. A request will block your calendar until you have accepted or declined).

In your case they must have send you “an inquiry” since it isn’t possible to send “a request” with a day in between that isn’t included in the booking - as already mentioned by Emiel. Your calendar is set up to only accept at least 3 days-in a row-bookings. 

If I were you I would write the guest and say that unfortunately it isn’t possible to have a hole in-between booked days as it isn’t possible to rebook the unused day to someone else.
They will have to book for 4 days.

I have hosted a lot and I would see it as a huge red flag that they expect to occupy a place for 4 days but only want to pay for 3. I think it is rude, entitled and disrespectful. I would probably decline.

Julie4652
Level 2
Duras, France

Hi @Sandra856   It was actually a message he sent me. My first listing and I got a bit confused. I have since been back and did what you advised. Thank you for your help