Review

Maria14448
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Review

Hello!

I am not a host yet but I am trying to study and understand the platform's T&C, articles etc before I list my property.

I couldn't find anywhere an article desribing the detailed steps on leaving a review for a guest, ie. Where is the notification "leave a review" shown, Where should I tap or click depending on whether I will use browser or application etc.

I have seen similar articles on other issues, like adjusting the cleaning fee , but I couldn't find details on this specific matter.

Can someone help me?

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Maria14448 

Sometime in the afternoon of check-out day, you will get a prompt to review the guest (an e-mail prompt and a prompt in your Airbnb inbox.) You will then click the big button that says, Review Guest. This will all be very clear and easy to find once you list your space and host your guest.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maria14448  It is very smart of you to read up on Airbnb policies and procedures before listing. So many new hosts just put up a new listing without bothering to find out how the platform works, then get caught out with some bad situation they could have prevented in the first place had they informed themselves. Doing one's homework is really important.

Make sure to read up on review policies, the difference between Instant Book, Requests, and Inquiries, and what the penalties are for hosts cancelling a booking.

And reading posts here from other hosts on a regular basis will help a lot with the learning curve. Not just this section for new hosts, but the hosting and help sections as well.

Much of Airbnb's wording can be confusing, so feel free to ask for explanation here if things aren't clear.