STRA Northern Beaches

Patty5
Level 2
North Curl Curl, Australia

STRA Northern Beaches

Any hosts in Northern Beaches area that do Short Term Rental accommodation and as a host you actually live on the premises whilst you have guests , I would be interested in your knowledge of the new mandatory regulations effective 01 November 2021.

From what I could comprehend is that we as Hosts are required to register with the council, pay an initial fee of $65.00 and thereafter every year $25.00 fee.  Does that mean the Council then can inspect or knock on our door to make sure we are abiding by the new mandatory regulations.

Can anyone enlighten me, at the moment I am confused and also exceptionally annoyed as to why we are required to pay the Council a fee!!

Regards Patty

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Patty5 

sorry can't answer the specifics but why would you be annoyed to have to pay a small fee for a registration process for STRs in your area.

it's a business expensive for your STR business and is likely tax deductible 

Me too. It's not fair. All the other councils  don't  have the strict  regulations  that northern beaches council have . You have to make a development  application  to the council to get approval so you can get registered. 

Can more people  join in . My understanding  is a fire inspection.  A plan of house from draftsman and engineer and sufficient  parking on property.  And you have to serve breakfast. Worst council in nsw.

Anna10505
Level 3
New South Wales, Australia

Hi @Janelle7 I was of the understanding that all of NSW now have to comply and register on the NSW Planning portal in order to continue to advertise on AIRBNB etc. We are on the Central Coast and had to implement fire safety standards (interconnected smoke alarms and evacuation diagrams) and put in an emergency information book which we purchased from Shorttermrentalsolutions. They also had a lot of information and guidance on the requirements to register. Hope that helps

Maria14394
Level 1
Dorrigo, Australia

Does anyone have a template for STRA