Scenic Views

Michael2558
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Scenic Views

Hi.  Does anyone else think the only available choices to qualify as a "Scenic View" miss out on other valid ones ?  For instance: "Mountain View" is not a valid qualifying option.  As an example, visitors can see Joshua Tree National Park and surrounding mountains from our property, but, currently, that doesn't qualify as a Scenic View (Views so photo-worthy they'll wow every guest).  Anyone else in a similar position?  What are your thoughts?  Happy July 4th.  Michael.

5 Replies 5
Donna1101
Level 1
Cheyenne, WY

Hi Michael, I totally agree! Their options are very limited and there's need for improvement or even a text box where the Host can describe the views.

Deanna173
Level 1
Spearfish, SD

Absolutely agree! I have views of 2 mountains as well and surrounded by forests and nature trails. Was disappointed can't mark as such.

Jeff89
Level 7
Sydney, Australia

Also, which isn't clear - does the view need to be seen from an inside Window or can it be seen from outside the front door, or a 5 minute walk away?  There should be space after each check box to state the location from where the view can be seen.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Agree. Awesome view of jungled hillsides and my jungley yard from the guest room, that my guests love, but I guess the powers that be at Airbnb can only conceive of ocean views, and the other limited choices. Yet they think that having a place to name the brand of stove and fridge and shampoo we provide is somehow important.

Penelope107
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

I find "Monuments" or "Landmarks" (local or national) missing from the Scenic View categories. It's not as well known as Seattle's Space Needle, but from the deck of my AirBnB--the Alley Cat--you have an awesome view of Hemisfair Park's Tower of the America in San Antonio, Texas which is especially an spectacular scenic view with fireworks from it on New Year's Eve!