Security camera in garage

Diana1829
Level 2
Ramona, CA

Security camera in garage

Hello, I am a new host. We host a whole house where we keep our boat in half of the garage. The other half is available for guests. They can use the washer/dryer in the garage. There is a door from the garage to the kitchen and another door from garage to the backyard. We have disclosed the presence of security cameras. Am I allowed to have a security camera in the garage? i don't think it fits the airbnb description of a "private space like bedrooms, bathrooms, or sleeping areas". The garage camera is pointed at the boat but also captures anyone walking from the kitchen door to the washer/dryer. Here is my description:
“The property features recording security cameras in the front yard, in back yard above the spa, in back yard near door to garage and one inside the garage aimed at our boat.”

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I would be super clear about the field of view of the camera. Lest someone decide to prepare for the washing machine as they walk there from the kitchen. “Security Cameras in use” signs on the wall are another option. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi, @Diana1829 and welcome to the Community Centre! Just a heads-up, I moved your post to the "New to Hosting" board as I think this could result in more replies for you. Thank you 🙂