Sending Pictures in inquiry

Esperanza104
Level 2
Vancouver, WA

Sending Pictures in inquiry

Newbie here. Thank you in advance.

My first potential guest is asking for pictures of the outside of the home in the inquiry thread. Question is if it is safe to post pictures of the front of the home? And is there a way to send photos via that thread? 

24 Replies 24
Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Sarah977    Millions of random on-line strangers have access to images of the front of private homes through Google Street. That shows the street numbers too.

I can't imagine how anyone could feel comfortable not seeing the outside of a property before booking.

I usually agree with you on most things, Sarah, but not this time!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fiona256 

It's 2021... Never show the exterior of the house on an Airbnb listing. It has nothing to do with Google streetview or whatever you experience in the "good old days" as common practice

It is about safety and protecting yourself from the wrong people.

The Internet is not the Local Tourist Information and the times guest are passing your house and notice a sign for lodging are from another era

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Not from another area. Happening now where I live.

Thanks to Dale and Esperanze for their kind comments.

Tagging everyone caused my reply to crash five timesd, so I've given up on that.

We will have to agree to differ on this issue.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fiona256 "Millions of random on-line strangers have access to images of the front of private homes through Google Street. That shows the street numbers too."

Not my house.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Esperanza104,

@Fiona256 point it out correctly, 

“ I think every listing should provide photos of the exterior. I would not ever book a place without seeing the outside.” 

Airbnb host should motive an ‘ Exterior Photos’ in the listing setting page.

Listing setting > Room and space section  > Add photos in the bedroom, full bathroom, half toilet with sink

and exterior.

Guest should know where the place is and how to read your home. 

The host should ‘not ‘ Large red flat’ to the guest simply asking for exterior photos.

Why does the guest wish to know about your place?

Because they are interested in making a booking in your place.

Standard hospitality services are essential to provide to the guests.

Listing setting > Room and space sectionListing setting > Room and space sectionObligation to add photosObligation to add photosHappy Hosting !

Ways to go! 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I post a picture of the front of my house. Most of the time I want to see the outside of the home I am renting for one reason or another. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

We also show the outside of our house as we want to differentiate it from the standard apartment blocks and properties on housing estates. It is rather hard to hide our location anyway as being in the middle of nowhere with a church at the bottom of the garden is a bit of a giveaway. We would be more concerned if we didn't live on-site and the few neighbours we do have all keep an eye out for troublemakers.

Recording and information, tonight is not a presence of a wolf moon.

Is it weird to hear the wolves in the let loose and howls?

Michael6454
Level 2
Madison Heights, MI

@Lynelle4 This is why I  can't send you messages.

@Michael6454  Have you posted this in the wrong place? There isn't anyone in this thread called Lynelle and why can't you send her any messages?