Short term rental mentor- Raleigh, NC

Short term rental mentor- Raleigh, NC

Hello all,

Last time I posted on this site, I was overly impressed by the timely, professional, helpful replies I received.  This community seems so friendly and helpful- absolutely a breathe of fresh air 🙂 

My previous post inquired about layout/necessities for the new bathroom/studio/kitchenette.  The replies were very helpful but at the same time they resulted in me rearranging the entire layout of the in-law suite.  

I think I need to get experienced eyes on the space in order to feel comfortable moving forward with construction.  Does anyone know if there are "host mentors" or similar that I can contact? I'd be willing to pay them- just need someone to take a look in person and bounce some ideas/questions off them.  

Any input is greatly appreciate- thank you in advance- have an awesome day!! 

-J

8 Replies 8
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jason1531 There is nothing official available through Airbnb, but if you search Facebook for host groups in your area you might be able to connect with some people to help locally. 

You can always ask for opinions here also, of course.

We also have a social meetup via Zoom every two weeks: you might enjoy joining. [Meetup] February 23rd, 2021 - Community Social & ... - Airbnb Community (withairbnb.com) this was our last one, and we will probably have another next week. It might not be a good for in-depth questions, but you might get some ideas and some other hosts may have some insights. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You could post on a local host group for your area and see if there is a local co-host who you could pay a consultancy fee to, to help you set up @Jason1531 

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

try google Daniel Rusteen
He offers several services and trainings

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

After seeing some of his posts and advice here @Bob297 I can't agree with your recommendation for Daniel.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jason1531 All I can say is Boo! I was enjoying the advice from many posters and hope it can continue. If you can find a way to post a picture of your plans I am sure many of us would love to comment (aka interfere) in them. All advice will be freely given and the only problem you may have is conflicting ideas.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Nothing to loose by running ideas here as @Mike-And-Jane0 suggested. Hosts already have experience with the hosting concept (comfort & simplicity).

It is amazing to me how hard it is to find 'all-in-one professionals' that are not missing at least a link or two in their thinking.

Jacob602
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Hi @Jason1531,

My name is Jacob. I live in Wake County and was searching for a host to serve. If you still are in need of some advice or even help hosting and cleaning after stays, reach out!

I have 7 years of hospitality experience with Hilton Hotels in Wake Forest and Raleigh. I was an assistant manager of a Hilton Hotel so I am highly versatile in guest accommodation. My email is Jacob.geiger@icloud.com.

Thanks,

Jacob

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Please stop spamming our community @Jacob602 

It's against the terms of this community to use it to try and promote your business.