Should I cancel this booking?

Ingvild1
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Should I cancel this booking?

Hi 🙂 I’m a very new Airbnb host and I got this booking that I’m not sure of. It’s a person with a russian name that wants to book for three adults, but in her reviews (2) they both call her by different names. Should I cancel?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ingvild1 if the guest had registered herself as staying in a previous property booked by a friend then the review will apply to her even though it might quote the name of the guest who booked.

Kirstin38
Level 2
Central City, NE

I seem to have good luck with people telling me what’s going on. Did she say she’s booking it for herself when she messaged you? Or is she booking it for her parents possibly? I know I have a lot of older people who don’t know how to use Airbnb online so their kids book for them.  If I’m uncomfortable with the situation I usually message the person to ask them questions so I understand.  If their honest, they should be fine.

I simply explain that we have had some unsavory people in the past and we just want to make sure and keep it a safe and inviting Airbnb. Then I ask what brings them to town.