Started Last year listing my vacation property rental unit on St Pete Beach, FL but can't advertise for less than 30 days is the minimum.

Started Last year listing my vacation property rental unit on St Pete Beach, FL but can't advertise for less than 30 days is the minimum.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get my property in front of people who want 30 days or more renta, since my city only allows a minimum of 30 days advertised. I have a gorgeous view having 130 ft of waterfront property. 2 BR 1 full bathroom Sleeps 6 with Full Kitchen & Livingroom on second Floor of my home. It is in the prestigeous neighborhood of Bahia Shores community centrally located in the center of St Pete Beach near all the entertainment, activities & best restaurants within a 4 block walk to the most beautiful beach in Florida. All the furniture is new. I don't understand why I cant get much acrivity rentals. The people who have stayed gave 5 star reviews & loved the place. I would appreciate any help.

9 Replies 9

William, there was no intent to circumvent any laws. I have several police officers in my family. my message clearly stated   Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to get my property in front of people who want 30 days or more rental, since my city only allows a minimum of 30 days advertised."  I was looking if anyone in the community might know of a website that advertises to Europeans & Canadians etc. who vacation for months at a time, some even 6 months. However, noone seems to know of a website to advertise to those people.

You misunderstand, not looking to circumvent anything, asking how to get to the people who rent for a minimum of 30 days

Yes, I am listed on Furnished finders as well. I have gotten a few people who wanted 30 days or more on Airbnb.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jody168  You are really better off to go the route that William suggested. Airbnb does not offer the protections necessary for hosts when renting long term. After 30 days a guest becomes a tenant in most jurisdictions and would then fall under landlord/tenant laws. You could have a real hassle evicting them if thhey proved objectionable.

Your place sounds like it would be a desirable location for Canadian snowbirds, so you might research online publications for that sort of thing where you could post an ad.

And FYI Florida is a place many people would cross off their travel wish list these days due to the high Covid infection rate, low vaccination rate, and lack of mask mandates.

@Jody168   Your public listing says:  " OTHER THAN 30 DAYS CONTACT OWNER."  You really need to delete that, because you're basically advertising the intent to both break the law and divert Airbnb trade off-platform. Your listing might as well say "DM ME FOR COCAINE AND HOOKERS."

I also agree with @Sarah977 's point, though - Airbnb is not a good place to list 30+ day rentals. It's not just that it lacks the necessary tools for landlords; the fees also make it prohibitively expensive to tenants. Once you add in the Airbnb service fee and the Tourist Development tax, that's an extra $1200+ per month on top of the already high $4500 monthly rent. Your location and amenities have a lot of appeal, but I think most people who can budget $5779 per month for housing are accustomed to more space and luxury than a 2-bedroom suite can offer.

Andrew obviously does not know how to read & comprehend for making such a ludicrous remark. I have no intent to break any laws, as I also have several police officers in my family!  Sarah understood that I was looking for a website that someone might know to reach the European & Canadian markets of vacationers that take monthly & several months vacation time.  Sarah, I get what you are saying; however, here in Florida on St Pete Beach a very well sought after vacation location has very high costs at the Hotels. A hotel room in season will run $300 to $500 per night. I am offering the size of a condo 2 BR sleeps 6, Full eat in kitchen, Full stall shower bathroom, & Livingroom with a nice deck overlooking 130 ft of waterfront property in a very prestigeous neighborhood of multi million dollar homes centrally located on St Pete Beach.  The price $4k a month would be only $133 per night for a 30 day month & $129 per night for 31 day month,  much less than the Hotels & they only offer a Hotel room or small suite for much more. As far as the propaganda about Florida & Covid., Here on St Pete Beach we have had no cases that I am aware of & everyone has been safe & obeying rules. If there is an influx of Covid, it is probably in South Florida where the president is allowing foreigners to enter our country illegally with no covid testing & wonders why the numbers go up! Our Governor has been trying to regulate that despite the President's stupidity. We have a great Governor! No other country on earth allows foreigners in without a Visa, Passport etc. & no Covid Testing & they must be able to go back to their own country. 

Also, the message to contact owner For other than 30 days was meant for those who want a few months or more like 6 months so I can negotiate a long term rental a better price!

By the way there are high vaccination rates in the US. Everyone I know has been vaccinated & our news states the proper numbers of all the millions of people who have been vaccinated in the US, so I don't know what propaganda your countries are advertising. You can go anywhere in the US & get free vaccinations at locations,  & all the Pharmacies.

@Jody168  Vaccination rates are readily available online from many sources, including reputable US based institutions and reporting agencies, like the Mayo Clinic. 

It's hardly "propaganda your countries are advertising". What a rude and ignorant thing to say on an international forum.

Worldwide rates for those who have received at least one vaccination are for a sampling, United Arab Emirates with the highest rate at 96%, Portugal 87%, Canada 78%, Italy, France and Belgium, 75%, UK 73%, Australia 69%, US 66%.

The US is in 18th place in vaccination rates, and Florida only has a 58.2 fully vaccinated rate.

That data is readily available with a simple Google search, from many reputable sources, to anyone who cares to find out.

Saying something you happen to believe doesn't make it true.