Thanks

Ruth997
Level 2
Kiserian, Kenya

Thanks

Hello.Thanks Nick for your welcome to the community. I listen my space about three weeks ago.Noone has shown interest I need advice on what to do.I am so eager to host

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ruth997 A few ideas

Use Airbnb to search for your local competition to see if

1) You are priced competitively

2) You have a listing that is as professional as your competitors

You may need to undercut competitors slightly on price until you gain reviews.

A couple of other comments

Your check out time is 3pm as is your check in time. It's not clear to me when you would clean

Your profile states you are Catholic. Is this relevant?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ruth997 

You own 2 listings, but it seems to me it is both about the same room ?

So (besides a different discription and price, why two listings of the same room ? )

The pricelevel is very low and you also have a 20% promotional discount for first 3 guests.

I can book on one listing 1 night for 13,- Euro (2 guests), get 20% discount and pay total 12,- Euro (incl.  Airbnb service Fee) ! 

Added: and now i see in the listing also breakfast is provided..... !

@Ruth997   Who do you anticipate your target market to be? International tourists? Domestic travelers? Temporary workers at a major local facility? Longer-term residents in need of housing from the local area?

And how has the Coronavirus pandemic impacted travel in your area? Given the increasing prevalence of the Delta variant in Africa, and the delay in access to vaccines, the worst days of the pandemic are probably still ahead for Kenya - which doesn't currently bode well for in-home hosting. Perhaps it's not as much of a concern to locals as it has been for people in countries that have experienced greater loss of life, but globally the situation has wiped out most of the public interest in sharing a household with strangers, and I'd expect a homestay listing to address this as an issue. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0 @Emiel1 and @Anonymous  -  absolutely stellar advice and pertinent questions here. 

@Ruth997 have you had a chance to review what your host peers have shared here?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines