The tenant conceals the truth

The tenant conceals the truth

Tragedy, the second guest checked in today. She told me when the order was applied that it was 3 adults, 6 children, and 5 babies, but the actual guest was 2 adults, 4 children, and a dog. When she euphemistically told her that pets are not allowed in this listing, she told me that it is not an ordinary pet dog, but an assisted animal, and is her son's emotional support. About to cry.

Can Airbnb support compensation if an assisted animal destroys the property?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yang147 Yes Aircover is supposed to cover damage from assistance animals (and in fact any animal now). Of course claiming will be very difficult and it doesn't pay on a new for old basis but there should be some cover.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

do read up on Airbnbs policy on assistance  animals @Yang147 

you are allowed to ask the guest about what tasks the animal helps her daughter with and also remind the guest that as it's an assurance animal it must be with her daughter at all times and therefore will not be allowed to remain at the property while they are not in residence 

why on earth would you accept a booking with 3 adults, 5 children and six babies though sounds like a recipe for disaster 

Thank you for your suggestion, I will continue to work hard

This! When I read 3 adults, 5 children, and 6 babies my head about exploded. What on earth?! They’re insane or desperate, if they’re traveling like that…  For us, 3 adults and 1 baby is not enough adult/baby ratio…hahaha..

Amy B
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Rather the dog than 6 babies, surely?