Tiny house Hosting

Tiny house Hosting

Hi Community - I've saved up some money and want to buy a piece of land and bring in/built a tiny home for my first AirBnB hosting. 

Do you know anybody who I can chat with to walk me through the process? Consultant or advisor would be great. 

Are there any relevant resources you can recommend?

Here are some specific questions I have:

- If this house will be in rural area how do I bring in electricity?

- There will be no well or sewer, what are the options to overcome this?

- How about internet connection?

Thanks a ton! 

Future AirBnB Host

-Max

Max
7 Replies 7
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Max1900 

The answers to these questions are entirely dependent on the local regulations in the area you want to build.

Where I live my first stop would be the county courthouse, where the county clerk would tell me who to talk to about a building permit.

Thank you Brian! I appreciate it! In terms of water, sewer and electricity. Would know how that works and if it's built into the portable (on wheels) tiny homes?

Max
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Max1900  These aren't questions having to do with Airbnb or hosts, they are questions about infrastructure, permits, and feasibility in your area and would be answered by consulting local regulations and electricians and plumbers and internet providers.

Hi Sarah - thanks! In terms of utilities that are built into the tiny homes gas, electricity, water, sewer - any recommendations on that front?

Max

@Max1900  I really don't understand your questions. Obviously guests expect to have water, electricity, basic appliances, whether gas or electric, and a proper sewage system.

Thanks for help! 

Max
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Max1900 

I didn’t realize that it would be mobile.

In that case I suppose it could be considered similar to a mobile home and subject to regulations that apply to campsites.

You could make it entirely off-grid and self-contained, I suppose, by having solar panels, a backup generator, composting toilet and a potable water cistern.

A good composting toilet would save a lot of money but you would have to make it very plain to guests how it works and you would probably get a lot of complaints anyway.

Same thing if you put in a well with a hand pump to fill the cistern.

None of that would bother me if it was in a remote wilderness location, but I lived that way for years, and I’m not sure how many other people would be able to deal with it.

There is a fairly recent phenomenon known as “glamping,” and I hear that there is a demand for such listings, so you might be onto a good idea.