Venezuela Listing - Margarita Island

Venezuela Listing - Margarita Island

Hello, I am a current Airbnb host with a listed property in Villa de Leyva Colombia, and have two properties in Venezuela (Caracas and Margarita Island). I am interested in listing at least one of these Venezuelan properties (Margarita Island) but I'm not sure if this is advisable given the current crisis in Venezuela. I have seen listings on the Airbnb website, but I am worried about having to deal with guests destroying property, "squatting", and not paying. Does anybody have any experiences, recommendations regarding current Airbnb listings in Venezuela.

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

As you'll probably be only to aware of, @Nery22,  both Margarita and Caracas are veritable nightmares when it comes to the STR market. And yes, you get the wrong crowd in and it's near impossible to get them out without the risk of significant violence.

There is a reason so many Venezuelans have fled and secured their (now empty) properties there and do not want to risk renting them out, despite financial considerations.

I think you might need to thing again, unless you have 100% confidence in your people on the ground there.