View cancellation policy applicable to individual bookings

Nick2517
Level 2
Ibiza, Spain

View cancellation policy applicable to individual bookings

As a new host I received my first couple of bookings before looking at my options re cancellation. I assume those would have been under flexible.

I am sure I then changed to firm with non refundable and so assumed all subsequent bookings were under that cancellation policy. 

However today I noticed that my settings show as flexible. 

1. Could any other change or factor have switched me back to flexible without my knowledge?

2. How can I see the cancellation policy as it applies to individual bookings?

3. Is there anything I can do where I thought I was accepting a booking under firm cancellation terms and it is actually under flexible? 

My hosting is designed around maximum occupancy for 2 months a year. I cannot shrug off last minute cancellations. 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nick2517 

You can not change a cancellation policy for a confirmed reservation.

Your listing shows now the cancellation policy is "firm", with the non-refundable option.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nick2517 

Either you thought you had changed the policy but hadn't completed the process or it's a glitch. 

It's been ages since I changed my cancellation policy, so I don't remember what the steps were. However, I did turn off instant book for all three of my properties. There were several steps to go through as the system is set up to really try to discourage you from doing so. I found this especially true when I got to the third listing. I had to repeatedly click, 'yes, I am sure. turn it off!!!' or whatever the wording was.

A few days later, I checked and it had been turned back on for that listing. Same thing happened when I first listed. I turned IB off and then woke up the next morning to a bunch of instant bookings and smart pricing had meanwhile slashed my prices in half. 

Amenities you have selected suddenly disappear and you have to go back in to select them again. IB pre booking message suddenly disappears and you have to re-enter it.

It's frustrating, but you have to keep an eye on your settings as they sometimes mysteriously change.