Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

My suggestion is to make boards more accesable:

Reduce the size of the board pictures, so more boards are displayed a top of community home page. Or at least make the "see more" textlink much more visible/attractive (maybe a button ?)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Emiel1 ,

Great idea. Last time I had a chat with some of frequent users they told me that had bookmarked the more recent topics link for the help or hosting board and jumped straight in there. I'd be interested to hear how many people go from communty.withairbnb.com top level every time they visit. To the analytics dashboard!

Thanks

-----

Hello,

My name is Clive and i am new to hosting. My property is located is Bronx, NY and one fun thing about that is Yankee Stadium. It drives a lot of attraction because of the baseball games. My property is also close to the Botanical Garden (one of the largest) and the Bronx Zoo (excellent for families).

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@C121 

Hello Clive, welcome to hosting on Airbnb !

Your listing looks nice

https://www.airbnb.nl/rooms/48788057

I wondered: you offer a two bedroom appartment to just 1 guest ?

Yes the max is two people. I guess one for each bedroom. Is that too nice?

Wangari1
Level 2
Naivasha, Kenya

My name is Nicole, born and raised in Nairobi Kenya. I live and host in Naivasha, a tourist town with scenic views. Yes, I love hiking!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely to meet you @Wangari1 .

I was speaking with @Pam5 a few weeks ago about how desperate I am to visit Kenya after this awful pandemic is dealt with. Could you tell us some more about your listing?

Thanks

-----

Pam5
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Malindi, Kenya

It's nice to meet you @Wangari1.

@Stephanie soon and very soon this will be over and we can resume living in our suitcases trotting the globe. 

@Wangari1  Naivasha host must be smiling all the way to the bank this weekend after hosting one of the most adventurous event - Safari Rally come and share the spoil down here in Malindi😊

PamG

Yes, it was crazy but business was good for most of us.

How is Malindi? It's a tourist town so you must be in business most of the year. 

Hope Naivasha gets to have more guests after the Rally limelight.

Hi Stephanie,

My listing is a studio about 10mins from Naivasha town.  It is quite cozy though small.

It has a bedroom,  shower and sitting area.

It's not ideal for people with children but is perfect for one or two guests.

The neighborhood is quite serene and guests can access resorts within the area without having to go to Naivasha town.

Naivasha is a tourist site and is known for an array of geographical sceneries, wildlife and activities such as hiking and rock climbing at Hell's Gate.

You'll definitely be spoilt for choice.

Kathie57
Level 1
Brandon, IA

I'm Kathie, a homesteaders in rural Iowa.  Due to changes in my life, I have decided to try hosting a farm stay at my property to help keep my homestead afloat. I am still in the preparation stage and hope to begin hosting by mid July. There is a lot of stuff to do! One example is I need to install door locks on rooms that I don't want entered and are private. 

Also, one thing I am a little concerned about is the fact that I will pretty much need to keep my house Better Homes and Gardens all the time LOL. This is a working homestead,  so its not uncommon for messes. 

Due to the work involved here at the farm, I will try hosting on Fri, Sat, Sun only. It's worth a shot!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Kathie57 ,

Big fan of farmstays, me! Oh we get a lot of conversation on what are the best locks on the market. Here's a conversation from earlier in the year that might be of use https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/smart-Door-Locks-2021/m-p/1405385 . 

There's a few hosts on the community center that host farmstays. @Mike-And-Helen0 comes to mind - perhaps they can share some tips? 

Better still, you could make a topic asking for some advice on farm stay upkeep - the general consensus is to keep the listing minimally furnished no matter what property type but I'm sure there's some specific tips that could help you prepare. 

Thanks

-----

Hi Stephanie, 

My husband and I began hosting earlier this year in Seattle. I'm intrigued by your comment above: "the general consensus is to keep the listing minimally furnished no matter what property type", what exactly does that mean?  What's the advantage to that? We've hosted about 25 stays since we began in April and every single one has commented positively about the decor and attention to detail of our place.

Thanks,

Carolin and Tom