Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Mary-and-Randall0
Level 4
Springfield, MO

Hi, I am very new to AirBnB with 1 listing up and running Sept 1. I am so excited to be on this journey. 
From the minute we saw this house we thought it would be a great spot for a Vacation Rental. We have have been remodeling it for about 8 months. It has been a fun project to do together (my husband and I). 

It is a stately older home only a couple blocks away from the Springfield Fairgrounds & event center. Our 1st guests actually used the house while attending a "Mule Days" at the Fairgrounds. 

It has been so cool to see our dream coming together. Here is link if you want a sneak preview:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/50703805

Mary & Randall
The Carriage House: https://airbnb.com/h/grantave

Hello, I am Delia. Both from Paraguay and Panama City Beach, FL, I am planning to invest in my first property and start an Airbnb. Any advice is welcome !

Hi.  I am brand new to hosting.  I live in Madrid, NY which is practically on the Canadian border (very rural).  I took a few months fixing up the place and was very nervous to start, but now that I am off and running I'm having a great time.  My listing started booking 3 hours after it was listed.  I was shocked because of my rural location, but apparently waterfront property is attractive.  

Hello I'm Ceri and live in South Wales.  Recently have listed our holiday home in France, it's a converted barn, part of which used to be a pigsty, in the Dordogne.  We love the house and we've had two sets of guests so far, with another set of guests expected next week.  We're very new to hosting but enjoying learning how to access the resources available via Airbnb and pleaed to see bookings already coming in for next Summer.  Look forward to getting to know other newbies x

@Ceri42   Greetings from NY. Your vacation home in France sounds like a wonderful destination. Isn’t it amazing how quickly people find our places?I’ve also had some reservations for next season. The colleges are a big draw for me here. 

Sarah

@Sarah4140 Your place looks absolutely gorgeous x

Hi @Stephanie  although I have been running 3 holiday cottages on our farm for 15 years, we have recently renovated a 4th cottage and I am about to go live on airbnb with it!!

Looking forward to getting to grips with it.. interesting fact is that we are on a farm in a beautiful part of Suffolk, close to the wonderful Heritage Coast and traditional seaside town of Southwold! 

Ooh and also near the market town of Framlingham with its "Castle on the Hill" and home to Ed Sheeran!

Bryan594
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hi everyone, could someone review my ad and give me some constructive criticism? Do I just give you the link?

Bryan594
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Hi there, I'm new! Would anyone mind giving me some constructive criticism on my listing?

https://abnb.me/CysYHTtRxjb

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

@Bryan594 you have a lovely place. There was one picture i noticed where you have what it looks like a mattress propped up against a wall. Personally, I would move this if you were looking for any critical feedback. other than that, lovely.

Micah-And-Dell0
Level 2
Stone Mountain, GA

Hey y'all! 

We recently started hosting our guest room in our Ranch home and was wondering how to go about promoting it. We honestly thought we would've had a booking by now. 

I am brand new but it looks like your price is really low. Try raising it to $40 or $50 a night and see what happens. Just my thoughts.

Hello everyone, great to know Rugby is actually a place, I only know it is as a game. I am a new host that lives in Lagos Nigeria. I work for a real estate company and we decided to use our tastefully furnished homes to give travelers an awesome home away from home experience. I have actually not had any booking since I hosted and I do not know if there is something I am not doing right. I know a lot of people are making money through the Airbnb market and I hope to start the same too. Please anyone has WhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 2.43.32 PM.jpegsuggestions as to what I need to do to start receiving bookings?  I love this Airbnb forum. whoever created it, thank you.

Great picture, but do you have one where you are smiling that you could add to your profile?

Catherine2635
Level 2
Olde West Chester, OH

Hi!

This is Catherine in Cincinnati, OH. I’m in West Chester, a northern suburb.

I just joined Airbnb as a host about a week ago and had my pricing a little low, I believe, with the recommended discounts and such. I received 2 bookings within a couple of days - one for a few days and the other for 56 days. I have since raised my price and want to see how the first 2 stays go.

I have a few questions and would love to hear anyone’s thoughts (whether you are new or experienced) on any of the following questions:

• Any suggestions to improve my listing? Is anything unclear? Should I add more info on anything? 
• My profile info I added - is that the normal type of stuff people include that’s helpful for guests to see? Is there anything you would recommend adding or removing?

• Do you have house rules on your Airbnb profile and also printed in your home? I was thinking of typing them in a Google doc, sending the link to guests when they check in and also printing a fresh copy for each new guest. Maybe also having a laminated copy in the house. Thoughts on any of this?

• I would love to have a conversation with anyone who would like to share their experience and tips/tricks for a new host. I just started to look through the Airbnb resources and this discussion is the first thing I found.

Thank you in advance! Really appreciate anyone’s thoughts on any of this! 🙂🌸

Thanks,

Catherine