Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425

@Catherine2635 I can't see a listing associated with your profile however one immediate concern is have you inadvertently created a tenancy by taking a booking for more than 30 days. This depends on your local laws but could be risky (equally it could be just fine depending on the guest!!).

I'm a newbie here. I would like to introduce myself with all. Actually I have great interest in learning about web hosting. Thank you!

Brent275
Level 2
Harrisonburg, VA

Hello, all!

My name is Brent and I'm an aspiring Airbnb host! I'm not in the position to own my own property yet, but I can't wait to be able to create unforgettable experiences for guests. In the meantime, I would love to co-host for an owner, but it's been difficult trying to find someone who needs assistance with their property locally or even remotely. I've read books and done my research, so I'm extremely eager to get started!

I have a few questions though: Does anybody have suggestions on how to start co-hosting for an owner? I also want to meet other people who are just as excited about Airbnb! Is there any way to connect or add friends through these forums by chance?

Hope to get to know some of you soon 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Brent275 ,

Lovely to hear from you; you've got great positive energy! There are some co-hosts here on the CC that might be able to point you in the right direction. I'd also recommend the Facebook groups to find local hosts that might need your help. You can find a nearby group by using this link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs 

Thanks

-----

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

Hi  everyone I'm  Jo from Berkshire. I haven't been  hosting long in fact I've just had my fifth guest only last weekend. I am so happy with the results so far .I believe I have worked hard as I'm halfway there to  Super host!!

My goal is to become this at the end of the year. I have a detached three bed home shared with my partner. He is happy to co-host alongside me.Heres to the next one 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jo620 ,

Nice to see you in the CC. Glad to hear you're wracking up those bookings. We're all rooting for you on your journey to Superhost!

Thanks

-----

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

@Stephanie Thanks for your kind words. I'm soon welcoming a regular guest to stay for work purposes and giving him a month's trial. Could you give some advice coming from you please, This is going to be new territory for me and for my routine

Zeynep-Ceren0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello there! My name is Ceren, from Istanbul, Turkey. Did you know that Istanbul is the only city in the world that's on two continents!

I will be hosting our garden flat in the beautiful Prince's Islands of Istanbul. Fun fact for the islands is there's no motor vehicles allowed. Only bicycles and electrical vehicles.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Zeynep-Ceren0 ,

I did not know that! Amazing. Sounds like an environmentally friendly paradise. Your listing is beautiful and green with life and vegatation.

Have you got your first booking yet?

Thanks

-----

Amy2092
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

Hi there. We just bought a single family 4bed/2bath home with a decent view of downtown Pittsburgh that will be our vacation home when we are in the USA and we intend to list as AirBnB otherwise. I'm (remotely) trying to furnish it now having only seen the house twice myself in person, and I'm clueless so will be on here a lot with questions and reading for advice! The intent was to just rent it until we return for our next USA trip in July 2022, but it's not renting (nobody wants an 8 month lease that starts in Oct!) SOOOO... we're going to try to do this now (from Uganda). Oh my. Very happy to be here with all this great insight...

5313263985153204517.jpg

Amy B

Helloooo everyone, my name is Natalia, i am new to hosting, in fact i just published my listings a few weeks ago.

we have 4 apartments (3 in the Turks and Caicos islands and 1 in Panama city)

http://www.airbnb.ca/p/casa-isabel-tci

Like i said i am new to this and hope to manage to do this remotely, i am a bit nervous about it, as i want everything to be perfect and keep the guests as happy as possible while the stay with us. 

So far we haven't had any guests yet, one of the reasons is that this is the slowest month/ season on the island, but i wanted to know if any of you has any tips on how to organically advertise your listings and get bookings even if it is low season.

Any advice would be highly appreciated .

Keep up the good work with this community.

Cheers.

Nat.

Congratulations Nat! I’m also new to hosting. I look forward to seeing your business grow. Your listings are beautiful. All the best, Monique

Monique838
Level 2
Castaic, CA

Good day Hosting Community!

@Stephanie thank you for the introduction post.

I’m Monique, my husband is Chris. I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, my husband is from the UK. We met during my travels to England where I stayed at an Airbnb for the very first time. Over the years as I stayed at more properties, my interest in becoming a host grew, as of two weeks ago we opened the doors to our first listing just north of Los Angeles, California.

~ Casita Barcelona www.airbnb.com/h/casitabarcelona

Our first two weeks have been fantastic, we’re loving this new adventure.

Hosting community, we welcome your feedback and suggestions on our new listing. Anything about pricing, the accommodations; we welcome your insight. We’re still building out information like our guide, so any feedback will help us improve.

Thank you for your support, we look forward to participating in the community. ~Monique & Chris

#hosting #newhost #critiquemylisting #listing #newhosts

Kimberly724
Level 2
Laguna Niguel, CA

Hi I am new to hosting and have hosted 2 sets of guests so far.  We have had an unpleasant experience with a booked guest who arrived also and was let's say very particular and ended up cancelling on us after arriving.  I can use all the help and support to help me be a superhost and really bring joyful magical moments for my guests.  I would love any input on our listing too.  Thank you. Our listing is a lake front retreat in tallahasee Florida USA.  Any feedback on missing, too much, too little, any details I need editing or help for making it better would be so appreciated.  

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/51347157

IMG_0113.jpg

Kimberly Baca

@Kimberly724  Your place is lovely. But you are going to have a lot of problems with your idea that you can list a max guest count of 8 and then specify in your house rules that you only accept a max guest count of 4 adults and 4 children. You can't do that. Half the guests don't read the house rules before they book and you'll be consistently getting bookings of 8 adults that you'll end up having to decline or cancel.