484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

137 Replies

Re: Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

Level 2

Hi @Stephanie  although I have been running 3 holiday cottages on our farm for 15 years, we have recently renovated a 4th cottage and I am about to go live on airbnb with it!!

Looking forward to getting to grips with it.. interesting fact is that we are on a farm in a beautiful part of Suffolk, close to the wonderful Heritage Coast and traditional seaside town of Southwold! 

Ooh and also near the market town of Framlingham with its "Castle on the Hill" and home to Ed Sheeran!

in
Calgary, Canada
Level 2

Hi everyone, could someone review my ad and give me some constructive criticism? Do I just give you the link?

in
Calgary, Canada
Level 2

Hi there, I'm new! Would anyone mind giving me some constructive criticism on my listing?

https://abnb.me/CysYHTtRxjb

in
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Level 3

@Bryan594 you have a lovely place. There was one picture i noticed where you have what it looks like a mattress propped up against a wall. Personally, I would move this if you were looking for any critical feedback. other than that, lovely.

in
Stone Mountain, GA
Level 1

Hey y'all! 

We recently started hosting our guest room in our Ranch home and was wondering how to go about promoting it. We honestly thought we would've had a booking by now. 

in
Olde West Chester, OH
Level 2

I am brand new but it looks like your price is really low. Try raising it to $40 or $50 a night and see what happens. Just my thoughts.

Level 2

Hello everyone, great to know Rugby is actually a place, I only know it is as a game. I am a new host that lives in Lagos Nigeria. I work for a real estate company and we decided to use our tastefully furnished homes to give travelers an awesome home away from home experience. I have actually not had any booking since I hosted and I do not know if there is something I am not doing right. I know a lot of people are making money through the Airbnb market and I hope to start the same too. Please anyone has WhatsApp Image 2021-07-07 at 2.43.32 PM.jpegsuggestions as to what I need to do to start receiving bookings?  I love this Airbnb forum. whoever created it, thank you.

in
Olde West Chester, OH
Level 2

Great picture, but do you have one where you are smiling that you could add to your profile?

in
Olde West Chester, OH
Level 2

Hi!

This is Catherine in Cincinnati, OH. I’m in West Chester, a northern suburb.

I just joined Airbnb as a host about a week ago and had my pricing a little low, I believe, with the recommended discounts and such. I received 2 bookings within a couple of days - one for a few days and the other for 56 days. I have since raised my price and want to see how the first 2 stays go.

I have a few questions and would love to hear anyone’s thoughts (whether you are new or experienced) on any of the following questions:

• Any suggestions to improve my listing? Is anything unclear? Should I add more info on anything? 
• My profile info I added - is that the normal type of stuff people include that’s helpful for guests to see? Is there anything you would recommend adding or removing?

• Do you have house rules on your Airbnb profile and also printed in your home? I was thinking of typing them in a Google doc, sending the link to guests when they check in and also printing a fresh copy for each new guest. Maybe also having a laminated copy in the house. Thoughts on any of this?

• I would love to have a conversation with anyone who would like to share their experience and tips/tricks for a new host. I just started to look through the Airbnb resources and this discussion is the first thing I found.

Thank you in advance! Really appreciate anyone’s thoughts on any of this! 🙂🌸

Thanks,

Catherine

in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Catherine2635 I can't see a listing associated with your profile however one immediate concern is have you inadvertently created a tenancy by taking a booking for more than 30 days. This depends on your local laws but could be risky (equally it could be just fine depending on the guest!!).

Level 2

I'm a newbie here. I would like to introduce myself with all. Actually I have great interest in learning about web hosting. Thank you!

in
Harrisonburg, VA
Level 2

Hello, all!

My name is Brent and I'm an aspiring Airbnb host! I'm not in the position to own my own property yet, but I can't wait to be able to create unforgettable experiences for guests. In the meantime, I would love to co-host for an owner, but it's been difficult trying to find someone who needs assistance with their property locally or even remotely. I've read books and done my research, so I'm extremely eager to get started!

I have a few questions though: Does anybody have suggestions on how to start co-hosting for an owner? I also want to meet other people who are just as excited about Airbnb! Is there any way to connect or add friends through these forums by chance?

Hope to get to know some of you soon 🙂

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hiya @Brent275 ,

Lovely to hear from you; you've got great positive energy! There are some co-hosts here on the CC that might be able to point you in the right direction. I'd also recommend the Facebook groups to find local hosts that might need your help. You can find a nearby group by using this link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs 

Thanks

in
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Level 3

Hi  everyone I'm  Jo from Berkshire. I haven't been  hosting long in fact I've just had my fifth guest only last weekend. I am so happy with the results so far .I believe I have worked hard as I'm halfway there to  Super host!!

My goal is to become this at the end of the year. I have a detached three bed home shared with my partner. He is happy to co-host alongside me.Heres to the next one 

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

Hey @Jo620 ,

Nice to see you in the CC. Glad to hear you're wracking up those bookings. We're all rooting for you on your journey to Superhost!

Thanks