484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

137 Replies

Re: Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

in
Coral Springs, FL
Level 2

Hello, JohnCat Here. 

Just listed our new listing located in Beautiful Downtown Hollywood, FL. I am new to Airbnb, but not to STR's. I have another condo I will be listing shortly in the same building. Been on VRBO for 15 yrs with another listing, and now am trying Airbnb with this condo.  Wanted to get this one up 1st and test the waters. 

Been getting quite a few inquiries and bookings over the past 2 days. Looking forward to seeing how this works out. 

Any comments are welcomed. 

Screenshot_20210530-170738_Dropbox (2).jpgScreenshot_20210530-171031_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20210530-170806_Dropbox.jpg

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@John5734  Check your photo gallery- you have a lot of duplicate and redundant photos. More photos isn't necessarily better. 

Level 2

Good afternoon I’m new to this platform. My name is Kerri Fkowers I live in new Smyrna Beach Florida and I own a small business. I am a cohost for several Airbnb‘s and I am trying to actually help those who own Airbnb‘s or host Airbnb‘s making it easier on them. I’m a company that supplies everything so we don’t just clean we cohosts we clean and we stock and keep all paper goods high jeans sheets and towels stocked and provide more services in just a cleaning company. We focus on AirBnB and I am trying to find out how I can help. I’m not on here trying to rent and rave about my company because that’s not my purpose my purpose is to help the community and the Volusia county area

Kerri Flowers

in
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Level 2

Hi 
my wife and I are new to hosting and are going to try it until the new year. Please we would like feedback on anything and everything that you guys think we’re missing or need to improve. 
https://www.airbnb.com/h/hally-homes

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Richard2326  Your place looks really nice, but with the exception of one of your bathroom photos and the outdoor shots, all the photos are taken in a way that distorts the space and makes everything look wonky. I would advise you to retake the photos-take normal photos, and not from such a distance- it isn't necessary to try to get the entire room in a photo. Take a couple photos of each room from different angles, so guests can get a good sense of what is  there.

I have read posts by guests who hate the type of photos that make spaces look larger than they are- they feel it's misrepresented, and it is.

In the description area of the text, all you have said is that there is space to park 2 cars. "The space" section is where you are meant to talk about the house itself, the layout, the rooms, what they will find in those rooms (for instance  a queen size bed, a desk and chair, etc.)

And as a guest, I would want a double bed that sleeps 2 people to have a bedside table and reading lamp on both sides of the bed.

in
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback Sarah977. We will take your observations on board.  Every little tip helps x

in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Richard2326 I think you are pushing the occupancy too far. Will 8 people really be comfortable? I can't really see a dining table but the table I can see seems to only have 4 chairs.

Finally you don't seem to have fallen into the trap of pricing too low - Are your prices competitive to the local market?

in
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Level 2

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks for your observations really helps.

Looking around the area I believe I have set a competitive price but will always be willing to increase.

yep the picture of my table doesn’t show the hidden bench so will change

thanks again 

in
Hedgesville, WV
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Where is the help for hosts with disabilities?  Thank you.

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Nanette42  You ask that as some sort of accusation. What sort of help?

Why don't you start a new topic thread here on that? It would be interestiing and helpful, I'm sure.

in
Hedgesville, WV
Level 2

Thank you, I almost denied that.  But you are right, I need to do that.  I am more "accusing" feeling that I thought I was. 🙂 Be well.

Level 2

Hi! My name is Carmellia (My family and friends call me Cooki). We just built a new home and have a spare room so decided to host as Air BnB hosts. 

Our kids are all grown and gone. Since 2007 we have hosted youth from around the world with Canada World Youth, Katimavic, N.I.T Japanese Cultural Institute, University of Lethbridge Friendship Family and currently Livingstone Range International Student Program.  Some of our most dearest memories are with our children and students. My husband and I love to Geocache, Cruise, Cook and bake together, sit in our garden, entertain and meet people!  This is a perfect way! Hosting!

We live in the beautiful Crowsnest Pass, Alberta. Rocky Mountains to the West and Prairies to the East.  Flowing Rivers and clear deep lakes. Paradise!20180520_132748.jpg20180520_132748.jpg

Be Kind, Love Everyone

Level 2

Hello, We are brand newbies to hosting! This is our first! We are born natives of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Our place is located in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula in Eagle Harbor! Always looking for suggestions for improvement! So excited for this experience! https://abnb.me/H0CgBJPfzkb 20210709_195931[39].jpg

Pamela and Jon

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Pamela-And-Jon0  Welcome. Beautiful area. You have no photos of the bedroom! That's one of the most important things in a host's photo gallery. People spend 8 hours in bed, they want to see a comfy looking bed and what the bedroom set-up looks like. 

Your living  room photos are a bit redundant- I would leave one of those and take a couple more from closer up- same for the kitchen.

I would eliminate the photos of the utensil drawers and the cupboard full of tupperware. 3 photos of folded up towels also need to go. 1 is sufficient. And that photo of the bottom of the dishwasher should also go. I know you can show your place off to better advantage with better photos.

"The space" is where you are meant to give a description of the house itself, the layout, the sleeping arrangement, mention outdoor spaces, etc. You haven't given any description of the place at all.

Level 2

I have a description for "the space" but it is not showing up. How do I make it visable on my listing?

Pamela and Jon