Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425

@Mark116   Thank you for your reply.   I guess my pics come through bad.  The chairs are actually a burgundy and are small swivel rockers.  We'd not have room for recliners for sure.  I realize it is tight, but we felt because this area is a meca of outdoor activities, sleeping space was more important than indoor space.   The upstairs is a bit confusing as it is in the shape of a "T".  Very low ceiling, so probably best for kids. Because of the low ceiling, we don't have doors upstairs or I could have called it 3 separate bedrooms.  Walls and the shape allow each pair of beds to be in a separate area, or what I call a "wind".  And because we do butt up against a forest, so hunting groups will be popular here.   

I understand what you are saying about the different bed covers.  Unfortunately, I found good deals and bought what I needed to get the place open.    I will keep that in mind though once money actually starts coming in instead of only going out.  haha  

I didn't know what to do about the events/parties.  Because we are the closest neighbor to the property,  noise isn't a huge concern.  We felt bachelorette/bachelor parties might be viable guests, I intended that type of party.  But I believe (I hope), I hope I put in there that parties are limited to the max number of overnight guests.  Is there another way I could put that? 

Again, thanks Mark for your comments.  

Deb H.  

@Debra559  You should ban parties, and you should prohibit anyone who isn't part of the reservation from coming on the property.  You just did a high end renovation, you don't want to cater to a bunch of irresponsible drunk people.

I would recommend that if you haven't already, take a look at some of the wording on listings that are near you and do something similar.  I didn't go through your whole listing to see if you point out any local attrations, or not, but that's always a good idea.

@Mark116  Thank you for your suggestions.  I really appreciate the help.  I double-checked my listing.  I did set the parties/events to "not allowed".  I wrote in the House Rules that we do allow parties only for over-night registered guests.  A max of 10 overnight guests allowed.  I hope I did that correctly.  If they are having a bachelorette party, we know we might get those type of reservations,  it's fine if only those staying in the house.  We are also asking for a security deposit of $500.00 to discourage drunken guest from trashing the place.  

As for local attractions, since I was limited to a small number of characters in the description, I wasn't able to list them.  I'm not sure where I can add this.  Do you know where I can put this?  We have an enormous amount of outdoor attractions here in the mountains.  At another vacation rental site, I was able to include these in the description, with the distance to each one.  

Again, thank you for your help.  This complete rookie is very appreciative of your shared knowledge.

Hi all, first-time host here. My ad isn't up yet. Question for someone: In my settings, how do I charge different fees for different time periods? (I'm renting a cabin and would like to charge for in July in August than in the other months.)

Hi Dave. I am new too. But I think if you go to your calendar you can adjust the price of each day individually if you'd like.

Добрый день 🌞

Меня зовут Ирина, я из Украины, жила в Одессе.

На данный момент живу с дочерью в Болгарии в связи с  военными действиями в нашей стране. Впервые решила попробовать стать хозяином. Буду очень рада и благодарна вашим рекомендациям.

Благодарю ❤️

Can you translate to English please?

Amber645
Level 2
Comanche, OK

Please critique my listing! 

I am Amber, a new host, in Comanche, Oklahoma. This is a very rural, small town. This was my previous personal home. I have had one guest so far and the outcome was great. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/53908690?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=df1a44fc-1e72-4dc7-ae72...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Amber645, welcome to the Community Center!

It's great to see that you're asking for listing critique, however, most likely nobody will see it here :-(. Here's a guide on how to ask for listing critique (click here). 

I hope this helps!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Maria15652
Level 2
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Hi, I’m Maria, in Kent, UK. I’m a teacher and a new host, with my first guest this week. I’ve stayed in Airbnbs in England and abroad and love that each one is different. How much interaction do hosts usually have with guests? I know everyone is different, but my guest seems very shy and private and to respect her privacy I haven’t really had a conversation with her, especially as she was a last minute booking with no dialogue between us before she arrived. She also does not have a profile photo. Should I be concerned?

Maria
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Maria15652, welcome to the Community Center! 

Perhaps, you could try asking your question create a topic >here< as more fellow Hosts will be able to see it, and potentially provide advice. 

I hope this helps!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Amy2273
Level 2
Abbeville, LA

Hi everyone, I’m Amy from Louisiana and I accidentally went online two weeks ago and had a booking within a few hours !! Imagine my surprise since I didn’t have a mattress or the TV yet . Luckily the booking was for two days later . I quickly blocked the next two days and went to work . Lol it was awesome. I don’t know how long I would have dragged my feet before going live if I hadn’t done that . Since then I’ve had about 4 more bookings . It’s going great and I just love it . We’re in a small town and I had no idea this would actually work , but here we are . 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Amy2273 Welcome to the Community Center and congrats on getting started on your hosting journey! It's fantastic that you're having so much success and fun already - your reviews speak for themselves 😃 👏

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Don4246
Level 1
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines

Hi! I'm Don from Cebu Philppines. Just listed our studio unit condominium here in Lapu-Lapu City where my and my wife are co-hosts. Exploring this opportunity as a side-hustle and create something out of the unoccupied studio. Hopefully, we develop the property and maximize its potential. Me and my wife have our own day jobs, while raising a 1 year old boy and a little dog.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely new listing, @Don4246! Do you already know when your first guests are going to come or are you still waiting for the first, very exciting, booking?

I'm sure once it all starts you'll find a routine between your jobs, your Airbnb listing, your baby boy and dog, but if you need any help along the way, the community is here to help. Do come back and tell us more about your first steps later on! 🙂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines