Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Winnie120 Congrats on your brand new listing! It looks lovely - do you already have a booking coming up or waiting for the first one to come through?

Either way, I hope you all the best in this new hosting adventure, let us know how you get on along the way 😃

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Maddy86
Level 1
Ventura, CA

Hi everyone! My name is Maddy and I live in Ventura County, CA. I am actually working on getting my first co-hosting opportunity and I’m extremely excited! If anyone has any resources, advice, or opportunities… I am all ears! 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Maddy86 How exciting!! I hope it all goes well and I can't wait to hear more about your next steps. If there are any specific areas you'd like advice on, I'd recommend starting a conversation, and other Hosts should be able to give you some tips. 🙂

Have a lovely day, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ed342
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

Hi guys, 

My name is Eddie and I am a new Host, I have a property in Anchorage, Alaska that I want to make into an Airbnb the first of July and wanted to get information about having a co-host for property management. If you have any recommendations for companies or an individual please let me know! 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Ed342 !

The Community Center is international so it might not be the easiest place to connect with people in your local area.  You might like to have a look for a local group here to find some help closer to home.

That being said, please stick around, and get involved in one of our many ongoing discussions!  There's some really experienced Hosts around the Community and loads of great advice for new Hosts.

If you're not sure where to start, you could always try looking at this post with 25 tips on how to get booked.  It's been around for a while but it's an extremely good starting point.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Jenny

-----

@Ed342 Hi there! My name is Tori and I would love to be your co-host and manage your property! I'm currently located in Reno, NV and a long distance Airbnb is exactly what I am looking for. As your Airbnb co-host, I will manage the cleaning service, do all marketing, regulate pricings daily (I know some tricks that the auto-pricing AI can't do), order all complimentary supplies, find high-quality guests, setup 24/7 security and automated guest interactions, plus my team will be available all day and night to answer guest questions. Let's schedule a time to get setup, I'm excited to hear back from you! 

Hi, I'm Susan, co-host to J Duncan.  We are expecting our first guest this evening!  Poor Duncan has been working non-stop to insure that everything is in order so I hope and pray all goes well.  I have gotten so much useful information off this Conversation Board and look forward to reading more tips for success from seasoned hosts!

Angelika227
Level 2
Providence, RI

Hello!!

My name is Angelika and I’m a new host to Airbnb. I’m supper excited for this new opportunity and interested in getting some feedback on my listing and any advice for a first time Airbnb host. 

I enjoy body building, working on my businesses (also host on TURO), and eating. 🙂

I have put a lot of work into the listing and have thought of different ways to be convenient and helpful for each guest. 

https://www.airbnb.com/h/authentikstays

Leanne256
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello lovely community members! Im Leanne from Kent in the UK and am looking at gaining co-host experience this month locally to me. I am an entrepreneur, online coach and love to travel. My passion is to help other people live a life they love including going on adventures and having life experiences they will never forget 

Omar839
Level 2
Nassau, The Bahamas

Hi everyone,

I'm Omar and I'm from the Bahamas, great to meet you all. I just started hosting the middle of last month and have had 3 guests thus far. I have a question about 3rd party requests. I got a booking request yesterday and after accepting, the guest stated that she is booking for her husband. Would he be considered a 3rd party? I feel odd about it as her payment had not gone thru either. Have any of you experienced this when you started and how did you handle it?

Moriam1
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

Hello Stephanie, 

Grertings All! My name is Moriam Olaide Jagun, a medical doctor and  I started hospitality business May 2021.  I have five  apartments in the same location in Lagos,  Nigeria on Airbnb and it has really being an exciting experience hosting guests from the platform.  I am happy to learn more about being a super host - using the guests lens to furnish the apartments and to build capacity of our staff. Our clients' reviews have been splendid with positive feedback on our clean and serene facility to courteous and well trained staff.  

Peter3513
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stephanie 

My wife and I are new to Airbnb hosting but not letting itself. Our West Highland cottage has been listed by Sykes cottages previously but we feel Airbnb is the way forward. This being said we will be opening our doors to Airbnb guests in January 2023. We have been using Airbnb for almost all our travels in the past 6 years. 
We are 15min from Fort William and 5 from Glenfinnan (Harry potter bridge) . 
Ever since we bought the place, we constantly working on reinvesting and renovating the cottage.

www.airbnb.co.uk/h/tarmachancottage

31C78A8C-C933-43BD-AF96-99641BF10EBC.jpeg 

https://www.instagram.com/tarmachan_cottage/
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, your place is lovely @Peter3513! What's currently due for renovation? 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Peter3513
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

The Summer renovation is finished . We’ve just completely overhauled kitchen, fixed the conservatory roof, made coving in the living area, as well as many updates to the property. 

as each is a big job, we have to wait till next summer to fund 3 bathrooms complete renovations. 

you can see kitchen before and after 498EAE88-6455-45D5-A84B-BB8B68675AD9.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/tarmachan_cottage/
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your kitchen looks beautiful @Peter3513! Personally, I was looking for the similar colour of paint as the one you have there. Do you happen to have the exact name of it by any chance? 👀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen