Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Peter3513
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks a lot @Quincy . The Units are Elmbridge Dusk Blue but it’s from local Howdens Kitchen (here in Scotland) . The walls were Crown Trade (CT crystal base dark). Also local to Fort William , Scotland 

https://www.instagram.com/tarmachan_cottage/
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you! @Peter3513 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi, my name is Louise and I'm from Prestatyn, North Wales. Just about to list my first airbnb property with my husband. We've worked so hard over the past 6 months to upgrade our property to make sure guests have the best experience possible. A bit nervous about going live as we have never done this before so not sure what to expect!

Photos being taken this week so we should be good to go by the weekend, hoping we get plenty of bookings. Wish us luck! : )

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Louise1099! I remember I was very nervous as well when I hosted my first guest! You will get used to it as you continue Hosting over time 😊

-----

Darren359
Level 2
Bridge of Earn, United Kingdom

Good evening a I'm new to this I started hosting this week and have had a grate response my first week of hosting is fully booked? 

I'm operating as dog friendly should I set an extra cleaning charge for hosting pets? Also should I put a second person booking charge on at a reduced rete for couples??? Has anyone else done this and how was it received??

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Darren359, welcome to the CC (Community Center)! Perhaps you could start a topic by clicking >here< asking fellow Hosts for advice as it has a higher chance of being seen 😃

-----

Hi everyone,

I am Liz and have our home on airbnb for 1 week+ rentals while we are not in it. So only a few weeks per year . We are in Salem MA. We have three dogs and are a dog friendly spot. Just joined last month . We have 5 weeks available and three are already booked. I am reading a lot of these threads and am already quite wary of the airbnb help and the posts here that say airbnb will absolutely not help  when you send evidence of damage and vandalism to your listing. Many posts about how all communication ceases when the evidence is sent. This in spite of the promise of air cover. So already tho king of not doing this anymore before I have even started. 

HI, I am new to hosting and looking forward to learning more about the best way to host. We have a lake house in Maine, that has been a primary home vacation spot but since we don't get the family here as often, it's time for others to create memories. Looking forward to learning how to screen better, leave a lasting impression on guests, and continue to make our home more like a destination than a rental. I'm open to any thoughts and ideas. 

Thanks again!

Paul

Paul Wharf
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the community @Paul8671! Happy to have you with us! If you're looking for feedback on your listing, we have a great guide explaining how to ask fellow Hosts for listing critique https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

-----

True11
Level 1
LA, CA

Hello, 

My name is True. I am just getting into hosting my home in Bend Oregon. I am willing to take any advice and super excited to learn from all of you! 

The Ricketson
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @True11! Have you seen this guide? It explains how you can ask for listing critique 😊 https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

-----

Earl169
Level 2
Dearborn, MI

I'm Earl, with only 3 weeks of experience as a host.  I have 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a small common area (snack room).  I provide bottled water, coffee, bars, microwave popcorn and fresh fruit (thus far limited to bananas and apples).  When you have a 1-3 night stay it is nice to provide the guests with these amenities, but what do you do when you have a 1 week or longer stay?  Currently I have a guest who is here for 3 weeks.  Do I continue to provide all the above the duration of the stay or only enough for a few days?  The current guest has consumed quite a bit of all the above.  I'm curious what other hosts do and would love your input.

Earl S Wenger
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Earl169! Having been a Host myself, I would personally provide a few of those items so that they last for a few days. Anything after that would be for the guest to purchase for themselves at any grocery/convenience store.  

-----

Thanks Quincy.  I was inclined that way.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Earl S Wenger
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No problem at all @Earl169! Happy Hosting 😃

-----