Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Nanette42
Level 3
Hedgesville, WV

Hi Everyone,

Where is the help for hosts with disabilities?  Thank you.

Nanette & Co.

@Nanette42  You ask that as some sort of accusation. What sort of help?

Why don't you start a new topic thread here on that? It would be interestiing and helpful, I'm sure.

Thank you, I almost denied that.  But you are right, I need to do that.  I am more "accusing" feeling that I thought I was. 🙂 Be well.

Nanette & Co.

Hi! My name is Carmellia (My family and friends call me Cooki). We just built a new home and have a spare room so decided to host as Air BnB hosts. 

Our kids are all grown and gone. Since 2007 we have hosted youth from around the world with Canada World Youth, Katimavic, N.I.T Japanese Cultural Institute, University of Lethbridge Friendship Family and currently Livingstone Range International Student Program.  Some of our most dearest memories are with our children and students. My husband and I love to Geocache, Cruise, Cook and bake together, sit in our garden, entertain and meet people!  This is a perfect way! Hosting!

We live in the beautiful Crowsnest Pass, Alberta. Rocky Mountains to the West and Prairies to the East.  Flowing Rivers and clear deep lakes. Paradise!20180520_132748.jpg20180520_132748.jpg

Be Kind, Love Everyone

Hello Carmellia

I love your guidebook, is it something you have done on your own?

is it a standard feature that AirBNB offers us ??

I’m from Canada too, but the Francophone part (Quebec)

I have never to Alberta … yet!!

looking forward to see your part of the country

Annie 🙂

Annie

Hello, We are brand newbies to hosting! This is our first! We are born natives of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Our place is located in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula in Eagle Harbor! Always looking for suggestions for improvement! So excited for this experience! https://abnb.me/H0CgBJPfzkb 20210709_195931[39].jpg

Pamela and Jon

@Pamela-And-Jon0  Welcome. Beautiful area. You have no photos of the bedroom! That's one of the most important things in a host's photo gallery. People spend 8 hours in bed, they want to see a comfy looking bed and what the bedroom set-up looks like. 

Your living  room photos are a bit redundant- I would leave one of those and take a couple more from closer up- same for the kitchen.

I would eliminate the photos of the utensil drawers and the cupboard full of tupperware. 3 photos of folded up towels also need to go. 1 is sufficient. And that photo of the bottom of the dishwasher should also go. I know you can show your place off to better advantage with better photos.

"The space" is where you are meant to give a description of the house itself, the layout, the sleeping arrangement, mention outdoor spaces, etc. You haven't given any description of the place at all.

I have a description for "the space" but it is not showing up. How do I make it visable on my listing?

Pamela and Jon

@Pamela-And-Jon0  Yes, you have stuff written in "the space" section, but it's not a description of the property itself. 

Go to your "Edit listing" page and you should be able to edit any field you like. Make sure to click on "Save" when you're done.

@Pamela-And-Jon0 do you block a day between bookings? If not then I think your 2 hour slot for cleaning is very tight and you might want to think about an earlier check out time.

Also do you really want guests to use all your towels? If they are left out you can be sure they will get used. If you do ration them then you would need to remove the picture of towels!

@Sarah977 more photos to come later tomorrow! 

Pamela and Jon
Vanna736
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello existing hosts of Airbnb

I am an owner of a maisonette in Mykonos Greece.

I have been renting the past few years for the summer season with a company - prior to that with Home Away.

I am now considering to list it with Airbnb for summer 2022.

Since I am a long distant landlord, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Airbnb ?

Does Airbnb provide a contract, the linens, towels, cleaning service?...do I need someone in Mykonos to greet the guests and to represent me in case problems arise?  Who holds the money/deposit?

Your comments are very appreciated

Thank you

Vanna Petry

Vanna petry
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vanna736  "Does Airbnb provide a contract, the linens, towels, cleaning service?...do I need someone in Mykonos to greet the guests and to represent me in case problems arise?  Who holds the money/deposit?"

No, Airbnb is simply a listing service and handle the money- they don't manage properties or provide you with anything.

Yes, you will need a local co-host.

Airbnb holds the guests' payments until at least 24 hours after guests check in, then releases it to hosts. 

Airbnb's so-called security deposit is bogus- they do not charge guests this when they book, nor do they put a hold on the guest's credit card.

Delanie3
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Hi there ! 

My name is Delanie, and I'm very new to hosting ! My siblings and I are trying our hand at hosting airbnb's,  and I just want to feel confident that we have enough information to be the best hosts we can be! Our property is located rather close to the city of Pittsburgh and is named "your LINK to Pittsburgh" 

I've been doing some looking around on the forum and see that this community is kind enough to relay constructive critisism to its fellow members. This is all I'm looking for. Seeking any kind of advice, tips, do's and don't's, from one host, to a new one! 

Thank you so much in advance, and I hope to hear from someone soon!! 

Hi @Delanie3 Congratulations on embarking in the world of hosting on Airbnb! It is very rewarding. As a superhost investor I can help you with any questions that you may have. Feel free to reach out to me directly at any time.