Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Vina358
Level 2
Vallejo, CA

Hi Everyone, 

My name is Vina and my husband and I just started our Airbnb. We have a house in Vallejo, CA, that was a rental, and we have converted it to Airbnb. The house belonged to my dad, who loved to buy houses, and he owned several of them. He left this one to me when he passed away a few years ago, and I'm delighted to work on it, upgrade it, and share it with the world 🙂

This is a wonderful resource for hosts, I'm looking forward to perusing the conversations!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Vina358 ,

So lovely of you to share your story. I'm sure your father would be elated to hear how you've been renovating the house to share with guests from all over the globe. 

How have your bookings been so far?

Thanks

-----

My name is Henry and I co-host with my wife Mercy. 

We host guests in a 3 room apartment in Aberdeen. We are totally new to this but we are hopeful for success with it

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Henry469 (and Mercy)

How lovely and you're in a very special part of the world too. I had a quick look at your profile and it looks like you have some lovely reviews already, well done for you amazing hard work!

How's your autumn/winter bookings looking? My family used to go up to Scotland for a few days over Christmas, it's certainly festive and you have almost guaranteed snow.

Thanks

-----

Thanks Stephanie. Feels great knowing that somebody notices us. We are doing great. Autumn/Winter bookings are not coming yet.

BTW, is there any help you can give me with access to the app? I have raised the problem several times with the support team but no solution yet. I always have to come to my desktop to access to view my requests and provide responses. Not very convinient. I use an Android phone.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Henry469 ,

With the app, it's not accessible on all devices as it needs to coincide with the operating systems updates too. Would you mind letting me know the precise Android device you are using?

Thanks

-----

Maxence41
Level 2
Montfort-sur-Argens, France

Hello all !!

How nice to have this space... I'm Max, a long time Airbnb user and I just put on my first listing.

I will soon be welcoming people in my house, located in beautiful green Provence, in the South of France.

Very exciting 😄

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Bonjour @Maxence41 

J'adore, as they say, visiting the south of France - some of the most beautiful scenery and architecture I've witness in Europe. Do you feel prepared for welcoming guests in? We're all here to help if you have any worries or questions!

Thanks

-----

PeterandSanne0
Level 1
Tilburg, Netherlands

Hallo, ik heb een verblijf in het zuiden van Nederland. Ik ben sinds juni host van een verblijf in mijn achtertuin met prive finse sauna, stoomcabine, sanitair en een hottub in de tuin. 

Tot nu toe erg leuk om de gasten te ontmoeten en verzorgen en we hebben al leuke recensies binnen! Zijn er hier meer hosts met een verblijf inclusief prive wellness? Ik ga gauw hoop ideeën en tips lezen nu. Gr.Sanne

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welkom @PeterandSanne0! Wat klinkt het enorm relaxed om bij jou te verblijven 😃 . 

Wist je trouwens ook dat we een Nederlandstalige community hebben? Je zou er je vraag kunnen stellen over of er ook hosts zijn die een privé wellness aanbieden. Klik hier om je vraag te stellen!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I just listed my lake house, I am a new host. I already had an inquiry! 

@Sandra4479 excellent that you have an inquiry. Do you know the difference between an inquiry and a request?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well done @Sandra4479 ! How is your calendar looking with bookings at the moment?

-----

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Welcome to all the new hosts from all parts of the hemisphere. Good luck with your new adventure. We are going into strict lockdown in NSW Australia some of the other states are not as aggressive in their lockdowns. Enjoy the community page, you get answers that you don't ask from other hosts who help out with answers that someone else has asked. I suggest just take the ones that you think will work for you. I continue to learn something each time. Enjoy your new role of hosting

Marianela53
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi all! My name is Nela, I am a new host! I am Spanish living in Cambridge, Uk. I just renovated a property close to the center! Looks like is working so I am very please!