Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya/Hola @Marianela53 ,

How lovely to meet you! I've visited Cambridge on many occasions - have to say you're in one of the most beautiful cities in England. I'm sure you'll be successful there, especially with your location. Lots of students, business and tourists!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Marianela53
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Thank you Stephanie, I am a bit worry about winter. I don’t know how it will work. But I am happy for now

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marianela53  Cambridge in winter is still a top spot, at least locally (London, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire). Some great Christmas shopping, illuminations and other attractions make it a pretty annual place. I would maximise on people being hesitant to leave the country at the moment and think about British stay-cationers, perhaps. 

Thanks

-----

Hello! My name is Bob and I am in my first year of hosting. My wife and I bought a home in our vacation spot in 2012 and moved here for good in 2015. The home has a guest house that we have fixed up incase our kids visit that pretty much remains empty so we decided to list it on Airb&b. So far we have really enjoyed it although some of the inquiries lately leave us shaking our heads. I am originally from Texas but life is to short not to try new things so we have moved to New Jersey! Lol! We are avid outdoors people who enjoy paddle boarding, surfing and hiking the many nature trails in the area. I thank everyone here for sharing their experiences because it has been very helpful!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Robert5501 /Bob!

Well done on your Superhost badge and amazing review track record. Guest house seems to be working a treat for you; it's great that you can get an extra revenue stream when family aren't visiting. 

There's been a few recent topics about strange inquiries from guests, I wonder if you've seen my colleague @Liv 's recent thread about it here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-s-the-most-peculiar-request-a-guest-has-made/td-p/1... A lot of good laughs in there too!

Can you tell me more about your large collection of pets? (I looooove animals!)

Thanks

Stephanie

-----

Lol! We do have quite a collection of animals. We have 7 cats, one dog and a 20,000 gallon koi pond with 21 koi, 6 catfish a bunch of bullfrogs and goldfish. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh wow @Robert5501  - growing up we had a pond in our garden with some ghost koi, goldfish and some tench that we caught at the banks and for some reason brought home. I would have send a pond brought a lot of peace to our home but if you couple it with cats, bullfrogs and a pup... I hope it balances out!! 😂😅 Ideal for me mind you, I loveee animals!

Would you mind sharing a snap of your "muttley" crew?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Robin977
Level 2
Hamilton, OH

Hi everyone I'm Robin. I've just opened Robins Nest in the small town where I live that's experiencing a huge revitalization.  Fun fact: the name of the town is Hamilton, Ohio and we have a huge statue in the middle of town of him.  So my decor features a print of that statue by a local artist. Also I had a couple posters made with Hamilton play quotes. It's just a little wink to fans of the play but totally work if you haven't seen it. We had about 5 listings the first couple days we went live! We are excited to see what we can do with this. Who knew I was an innkeeper?!?!?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Robin977 Wow, talk about knowing your market and trends! Sounds like you've really maximised that opportunity for both yourself and your guests to get the best out of your listing. I just looked at your listing (gorgeous btw) and have to ask: What is spooky nook??

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Olga984
Level 3
Aseri, Estonia

Hello, I'm Olga. I am delighted to be joining the great airbnb family. For the second year I have been living alone in a big house. My house is located next to the forest in a quiet place. So far I have decided one room. Next, I want to add three more rooms and a separate house with a sauna. I'm a little scared. We have a small town. I don't know how I can do all this. Another 60 acres are mowed by the river on a tractor. Let it all work out! Good luck to all!

Great-granddaughter of Princess Olga
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Olga984 ,

Sounds like you have ambition in droves, so inspirational! You're going to have to share ... are you really related to royalty?!

Thanks

-----

Gerry158
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

hi guys

I live in Scotland and am waiting for my first booking

Any advice on the first guests

Gerry

Gerry. Do for yourself! Enjoy it! People will see this and want to be infected with your pleasure in life and your home! Show love!

Great-granddaughter of Princess Olga
Cody187
Level 1
Blessing, TX

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking in becoming a host in Amarillo, TX. Does anyone have an idea how much the occupancy rate has been in this area. Also any information that would help assist me in becoming a host and preparing for the worst case scenario that anyone has encountered would be much appreciated.

Cristina2319
Level 2
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom

hello - I'm new to hosting and my flat shows as listed but I can't seem to see it in search results,  I've even typed in the exact address and all the filters. Can anyone help pls?