Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the New to Hosting board! Introduce yourself here

484779-GettyImages-681893691-ForYou.jpg

Hiya,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community Center members, as well as welcoming and learning about other newcomers too!

I can't wait to get to know each of you individually, so to kick off here's a little about me!

• I'm a native British who's born and raised in Rugby, the place where the sport was created. I, however, am terrible at the game.
  • Speaking of games, I am an avid console, PC and mobile gamer. Game of choice is currently Monster Hunter Rise.
  • I've not hosted myself but have been a Guest around some of the most scenic pockets of Britain.
  • I am a huge animal lover. I currently have a pet cat called Ichigo.

How about you? Share where your listing is and one fun fact about it!

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

View Best Answer in original post

425 Replies 425
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cristina2319 ,

Welcome to the community. It can take a bit of time for the listing to appear in search results, but you can always access the listing from your profile link. If it doesn't show up with a few days, please let me know and I can take a look.

Thanks

-----

Beth4390
Level 3
New Palestine, IN

Hello all!

My name is Beth and I’m excited to be a part of the Airbnb community! When I’m not hosting on Airbnb, I’m chasing my kids around, riding horses, or spending time with my husband. As a mother and 10-year Marine Corps spouse, I know how hectic traveling with a family can be. That's why I love sharing our homes with guests. I am excited to contribute to the Community Center and learn more! 

Kevin2172
Level 3
Oakland, CA

Hi Stephanie,

My name is Kevin. We live in Oakland, California near the Berkeley city border. My wife and I just started hosting last week and bookings are doing well. The nice thing about our place is the location: we are about 1 mile from University of California at Berkeley and a short walk to the BART station that can take you to San Francisco in 20 minutes. Looking forward to participating in the forum!

Cheers

Kevin

https://www.airbnb.com/h/rockridge-quiet-comfortable-and-elegant-urban-retreat

Your space is beautiful! It looks relaxing and comfortable with the needed amenities. 
How are the bookings coming along so far? 

Mary & Randall
The Carriage House: https://airbnb.com/h/grantave

Doing well. The discount for a “new” Airbnb  listing created immediate bookings for August. We are now fully booked for September. October is slow, only a couple of nights. Nothing in November and booked for Christmas week. I’ve made a point of letting neighbors know that we have a rental available for their friends and relatives when they come to visit. This is pretty much a soft sell business for us and not a full time job. We don’t “need” to do this, but we enjoy it as we don’t feel like doing any international travel at this time so this gives us something to do and brings in some extra income. I actually like interacting with people. I find it enjoyable except for only one guest so far. Thanks for inquiring!

I also like your house! Is this a separate property or a smaller house adjacent to your main house?

Jane3307
Level 2
Brandon, WI

Hi everyone, I'm Jane and am new to air bnb. My children use it all the time, so we decided to try to get more bookings for our condo in Ormond Beach, FL. We have a rental agent that we have been using, but want to increase our occupancy rate so we are giving it a shot on here. Our listing has been live for a week or two and I have only had one inquiry about our place and that is from someone interested in buying a unit at our complex. The months of October, November and December have typically been slow for us. Any insight on getting our first booking with air bnb?

Rob8296
Level 2
Vernon, Canada

Brand new to Hosting.  Not sure if asking a question here is appropriate?  Just put up our new listing - it is working fine when accessed from a link but it is not showing up when I search the location and put in an available time frame.  Any ideas on what we have done wrong?  Maybe missed a setting?

Thanks

Rob

Can you share a link to your Airbnb? 
I am new here too but I read somewhere that when you are looking for your listing be sure and put in the same criteria as your listing covers so - Same number of guests you can sleep, general area - like city/state. 

Not sure if it made a difference in being found but it may, be sure and fill out as much "additional information" as you can about your listing.   I am not totally sure about this but I think those items may become search key words. like 2 miles from mount... or 1.5 miles from Bass Pro Shop. That type of thing...

Hope this helps, I am new at this as well...

Mary & Randall

Hey! My name is Bethany Silva and I'm from Gallup, NM.

I'm looking into starting an Airbnb out in Durango Colorado and I'm looking for any advice as well as connecting with other hosts.

Thank you!

73245875-69B0-4208-B24B-67BDD89EDB51.jpeg

Hi! I am June Mahler and I am new to hosting a fun and cozy farmhouse style house in Wasilla, AK. One fun thing about our home is it has some of the best views of Pioneer Peak in the town.  We are super excited to share this home with the public as it was my husband’s childhood home. I can’t wait to get tips and tricks to becoming successful at this business from all of you.

https://www.airbnb.com/h/mahlerfarmhouse

Wow! the view there are breathtaking! 
Can't wait to hear how your hosting experience goes...

Mary & Randall
Rosie-and-Ron0
Level 2
Ashley Heath, United Kingdom

Hi. We are new hosts. Can someone help with a refund question?

Many thanks

Suzanne803
Level 2
Peebles, United Kingdom

Hi, I've just started hosting with a brand new lovely caravan and had my first guests, who left the place in a total state!! So I'm a bit in shock just now. Kids juice all over the double bed ruining the bedlinen and quilt, damaged loot seat and just general mess. I hire a cleaner and she had to call a friend to help and it took them 5 hours to sort out. I'm nervous to post a negative review straight away but I'm still in shock! Later I'll say hello properly when I've taken that all in...

Does setting up all the parameters before allowing "instant booking" sort our not so great guests? 

or maybe turn off instant booking where they have to message you and communicate with you before booking? 

I really don't know, as I am new at this as well. Maybe someone with more experience will replay. 

That is so sad, with all the work you put into your listing... 

Mary & Randall