What if you don't agree with star rating

Ale19826
Level 2
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

What if you don't agree with star rating

Hello All! I'm new to hosting and had a question that might sound silly. My first guest said she loved the place and left me a 5 star for everything expect location which she gave me a 3. We live on an island which is all steep hills and curvy rds. That being said she added a side note saying she wasn't use to the roads. She was very nice guest and I know it's a bit scary to drive here since one,  everyone drives on the left and two, these rds look very intimidating. I'm not sure how i can handle this since this it is out of my hands and this is how our island is build. Is there something I can do? I'm scared for how this will affect my star ratings. Any suggestions? How does the star ratings work? Would I ever be able to make up those points with future guest giving me 5 stars? Sorry so many questions! And thank you for your help!! 😁

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Ale19826  The individual category ratings don’t affect your overall rating. Try to learn to let it go when this happens, as it will happen again, and in other categories. Focus on what you can control, which is being accurate in your listing details, and providing the best guest experience you can, and you’ll do fine.

Even if you explicitly describe the steep and curvy roads to your listing, you are guaranteed to get another guest who will do the same thing. You can’t control that, just as  you can’t change the hills and roads.

Ale19826
Level 2
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

@Colleen253 Thank you so much for you quick response! Ok that's good to hear and you're right I can't control that. I will definitely focus on making sure I do my best on everything I can.  Thank you! 😊