What should I provide for longer bookings?

Answered!
Toni4077
Level 2
Bromley, United Kingdom

What should I provide for longer bookings?

When the guest stays for 28 days, should i provide all the consumers, like shampoo, shower gel and toilet paper for all the time ☺️

1 Best Answer

Week by week I would check in on them for toiletry items and bedding to be replaced. I think small shampoo/ conditoner capsules are a nice touch. Like @Colleen28 mentioned, taking care of the trash is a nice gesture as a host but it come with benefits to you as well. When I have guests that are staying a long time (month long) I like to bring them some cheap wine to thank them for their stay and to welcome them into the property. 

1. Small capsules allow you to check in when you replenish their supplies

2. The small shampoo capsules give the guest a better impression that they are the only ones using the rental rather than sharing a large bottle of soap with previous guests. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most hosts provide a starter pack @Toni4077 

Toni4077
Level 2
Bromley, United Kingdom

Thank you for your answer

Colleen28
Level 4
Johnstown, CO

After 7 days I change the sheets and bring in fresh towels to the guest. I also offer to clean bathroom, dust, vacuum and take out the trash. In my opinion it’s a great way to check on the space.

Week by week I would check in on them for toiletry items and bedding to be replaced. I think small shampoo/ conditoner capsules are a nice touch. Like @Colleen28 mentioned, taking care of the trash is a nice gesture as a host but it come with benefits to you as well. When I have guests that are staying a long time (month long) I like to bring them some cheap wine to thank them for their stay and to welcome them into the property. 

1. Small capsules allow you to check in when you replenish their supplies

2. The small shampoo capsules give the guest a better impression that they are the only ones using the rental rather than sharing a large bottle of soap with previous guests. 

Toni4077
Level 2
Bromley, United Kingdom

Thank you for your answer.

Can I ask you another question? How you deactivate the listening, if you want to give to long term the accommodation? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Toni4077 

Not clear to me what your question is, but if you mean you only want long term guests:

Set the minimum stay to 28 nights, set the option "long term guests allowed" and provide a monthly discount (to be sure listing shows up for long term in the search system)

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

We provide them all. But then again this depends on how much you charge. We learned that with higher rates we get better guests and we do not mind offering more. Best of luck hosting! It's great way of making this world better place, one happy guest at the time.

it depends on you, how much you want your guests to feel comfortable upon arrival to you