When does a review get posted?

Answered!
Allen253
Level 4
Dallas, TX

When does a review get posted?

Hey,

I’m new to hosting and just had my first guest stay this past weekend!

we have both left reviews for each other and I was wondering when that review would be public. When I go to my listing, it shows that the review has been posted but it’s showing “No reviews (yet) , Show other reviews) and the review the guest posted for that listing is under the “other reviews”.

the review the guest posted for my listing should show directly to the listing…is there a minimum amount of reviews before it shows up on your listing?

1 Best Answer
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Allen253 when you both have written a review, the review will be published. You can see it in the ad. But not yet in the listing. In the listing you won’t see the reviews until you have three reviews. 

Groetjes Katja

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Allen253 

I can see that you have 5 reviews posted on your profile right now.

There are a few things that are not easy to navigate on this website and I’m still learning.

Mary-and-Randall0
Level 4
Springfield, MO

Hi! I just had my 1st guests this weekend as well! So excited to be on this journey... 
To answer your question: I could see that my guest wrote a review but I could not see that review until I posted one about them. 

As soon as I posted the review I did of them as my guest, the review they wrote me was live on the preview side of my listing. 

Hope this helps... 

Mary & Randall
The Carriage House: https://airbnb.com/h/grantave

@Mary-and-Randall0  All reviews are published, whether both parties leave a review or not. If both host and guest leave a review, both reviews will be published as soon as both are submitted. If only one party leaves a review, that review will be published at the end of the 14 day review period.

Neither host nor guest can read the other's review until the reviews are published. Reviews are blind to ensure that they are not influenced by what the other person wrote. Users should always leave honest reviews. If you get a bad guest, or they fell down on the way they left the space, or failed to communicate well, don't be afraid to make that known- the reviews you write for guests are read by other hosts to let them know what to expect and whether or not they should accept a booking.

Thanks Sarah, that is really helpful information to know as a new host

Annie

I congratulate you!

it’s great that the community is getting bigger!

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Allen253 when you both have written a review, the review will be published. You can see it in the ad. But not yet in the listing. In the listing you won’t see the reviews until you have three reviews. 

Groetjes Katja

Thank you very much Katja for clarifying  that point.

what is the difference between the ad and the listing?

Annie

Thank you! This is helpful. I have two reviews and was wondering why I don't have a public rating when looking at my listing. 

Hello All! I am new to hosting here in El Paso, TX! So far we have 3 guests pending and we are excited however I have a question. Should we be concerned if a potential guest don't have a photo or any ratings despite their ID's being verified by airbnb?

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Jermaine25 

Possibly. I would politely ask the guests to complete their profile.

If they ignore you that is a definite danger signal.

I’m afraid that your beautiful house, at that price, is going to be very attractive to the party crowd….

Your feedback is well appreciated. I was wondering about my price point and therefore I will adjust accordingly. I definitely want to avoid the party crowd. Another reason why I placed a 5 day minimum. 

@Jermaine25 - One of the things, I did when I first started out was setting 'pre-qualified' questions before guest can book. This can be set up in your airbnb account. This way, I can review thier answers and starting vetting the guest by asking a few more questions. You're not able to see the person's profile photo until they actually book. If I want to see thier photo, I ask for social media links such as Linkedin, IG and Facebook. 

nathaly vera

Hello, I am also a new host. Can you share the Questions you sent with to "pre-qualify" guests before they book. Im looking for ideas and insight. Thanks so much! 

@Amy2140 

Of course! Here are few questions I ask before accepting a reservation:

1. What's the reason for your visit?- Have you been to xyz city before?
  2. Is the reservation for your or family memeber?
  3. What do you for work?
  4. Tell me more about yourself ( this after reading guest's profile - try to pick a topic or interest they listed) 
  5. How was your last airbnb expereince? ( give guest the opportunity to be honest with what they like or didn't like - that way you can see if they will be a good fit for your space. 

nathaly vera