When does a review get posted?

Answered!
Allen253
Level 4
Dallas, TX

When does a review get posted?

Hey,

I’m new to hosting and just had my first guest stay this past weekend!

we have both left reviews for each other and I was wondering when that review would be public. When I go to my listing, it shows that the review has been posted but it’s showing “No reviews (yet) , Show other reviews) and the review the guest posted for that listing is under the “other reviews”.

the review the guest posted for my listing should show directly to the listing…is there a minimum amount of reviews before it shows up on your listing?

1 Best Answer
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Allen253 when you both have written a review, the review will be published. You can see it in the ad. But not yet in the listing. In the listing you won’t see the reviews until you have three reviews. 

Groetjes Katja

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62

Hi, Nathaly.  These questions are very helpful.  I’m new to hosting, and have the same need.  May I ask you how you ask these questions?  Is there a way to automate the asking?  Or, do you respond with the list of questions when you get your potential guest’s inquiry?   Best, David

@David-C2 

Hey. David.  
I am just starting my first Airbnb in a Indy and when so get back to Maine in 3 weeks will finish my woodshed that I’ve turned into an Airbnb and hope to get that up and going soon.
Best of luck on your new venture and maybe we can swap a stay sometime.  
Ruby 183  

anyone want to critique my listing!  
stilll working on the guidebook and getting comfortable with the platform or interface to find how to do everything.  

@Ruby183  Your listing looks nice. 

Couple of things, though. "The Space" section of the description is where you are meant to describe the layout of the houuse and the rooms and features, not what you have written in that section.

And your guest count is at odds with the rest of the furnishings. I would suggest you only have one bunk bed in the third room and list for 6, not 8. I see no adequate dining seating or living room seating for 8. 

Thank you for these questions. I never thought of asking if the reservation is for them or for someone else! I'd feel very uncomfortable with someone doing that.

thanks that is very helpful.

@Concierge56  Hi! I am new to hosting and will be getting started soon. I have thought about asking pre-qualifying questions but thought that it would turn people away because it's "just too much work" to book. How can you describe the difference in acquisition percentage with and without those questions and what else is there to consider. Thanks!

@Concierge56  

@Amy2140 

Thank You for the questions - I am also a new host - my first guest booked out this morning (01/07/2022) which felt like a huge relieve!  Safety and security is a huge concern for me.

I do however thought that I can not ask any or similar questions, as that would deter the booking... 

My guest was also a first timer, with nothing on his profile but a picture and like you said - only visible once the booking is confirmed.  I can not help to think that Airbnb have little idea of what we are putting ourselves through accepting complete strangers into our personal spaces (in my case - private room in house)...

If any would like to share insights on this matter and I hope that I have addressed it under the correct discussion (still learning).

Much appreciated.

Retha

@Retha57 security is always important so it is really up to you to find id from your guest preferably before they arrive and to start communicating as soon as possible , after booking and before arrival . They give you a phone number so use it if you receive no information up front . do not ever put yourself in a dangerous position out of embarrassment . If you are uncomfortable ak airbnb to seak wuith the gust and or cancel . Read some of the other threads because this is all covered . Stay safe H

'ask airbnb to speak with the guest'

Very helpful.  Can this be done even with instant booking?

It could simply be that they have never used AutBnB before. I'm new, too - we've had seven guests. Like you, I was concerned when I had a guest like this who also insisted on communicating off platform. It turned out she was an older lady who was very technologically challenged. Her daughter made the booking for her. And it was the. First time she had stayed at an AirBnB. She left the place absolutely spotless and was no trouble at all to host. She (or more likely her daughter) left us a nice 5-dtar review.

Sam
The Historic Mountain View

helen@744 , the id pic only turns up after the booking is confirmed. If you do instant book then you must tick verified photo id as a requirement . You can message the guest and simply ask for a pic of their id . H

yes. you need all the info on any guest

Dominic250
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

Hello community center just checking into a new begining and new direction in life Hosting Airbnb...16366218941181596847476.jpg

Concierge56
Level 4
San Diego, CA

@Allen253 If only one party leaves a review, that review will be published at the end of the 14 day review period. Keep in mind, neither host nor guest can read the other's review until the reviews are published.

nathaly vera