When does a review get posted?

Answered!
Allen253
Level 4
Dallas, TX

When does a review get posted?

Hey,

I’m new to hosting and just had my first guest stay this past weekend!

we have both left reviews for each other and I was wondering when that review would be public. When I go to my listing, it shows that the review has been posted but it’s showing “No reviews (yet) , Show other reviews) and the review the guest posted for that listing is under the “other reviews”.

the review the guest posted for my listing should show directly to the listing…is there a minimum amount of reviews before it shows up on your listing?

1 Best Answer
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Allen253 when you both have written a review, the review will be published. You can see it in the ad. But not yet in the listing. In the listing you won’t see the reviews until you have three reviews. 

Groetjes Katja

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62

New host! Can someone please give me guidance on an a goodbye message for when my first guests leave Tuesday  ie can I say something like “I was honored to have you as my first guests, I hope my place meet your expectations for a 5 star review; this is what I strive for! If you have  suggestions on how I could have made your stay even more comfortable please send me a private message” and of course please come back! “ 

how does this sound? Thanks Kathleen 

I opened five months ago.  One thing you will want to do is to have a guest book.  I welcome each and every guest with a warm greeting indicating that I am excited to have them here and some things about the area.  I also put pertinent information on it such as where to find my notebook that has house rules, emergency contacts, my phone number for texting as well as my husbands, and extra linens, toiletries, etc.  I have a plate of fresh baked cookies there for them.  When they leave I have a "thank you card" for them and a baggie of about four cookies to go.  My card thanks them for staying with me, how important reviews are for both them and me, and an invitation to return.

When Teri was my first booking I sent her a message on the site telling her how excited I was to have her as my first guest.  When she arrived I did just what I did above, and then took the time to get to know here when she reached out to us.  She spent nearly five hours on our side of the BnB that night, and when she left she knew how important that visit was just by opening ourself to her.  You message is fine, but going that extra mile will make all the difference.  I just use the Composition Books from Walmart as guest books.  Plenty of pages in them and inexpensive to get more.  You will need them....:-).

Glenna and Dan

@Kathleen872 the point of the goodbye message is twofold , one to say thanks for choosing to stay with us and the other to engage and try and get a good review. Ask if they found their stay relaxing and comfortable and tell them they are welcome back and ask them to please leave a review. Follow this up after they leave saying thanks for leaving the house so clean. getting a good review has little to do with reality but personality , not something I have found easy but necessary. H all the best

@Kathleen872  That sounds like a nice message. You can also thank them for coming and leaving your home in excellent condition (if that is the case) also for being great guests. I wish you happy hosting 😊

Oh the anticipation huh.  Well I just made superhost today after five months of stressing reviews, hard work, and lots of emails to guests.  I hosted a superhost recently who put me at ease I think.  She told me "you can't please everyone, and yes, that 2.9 stars will come.  You will just feel the pain and wonder how did that happen, but this too shall pass and you will gain experience from it."  Wise gal she was, and made me aware that I needed to really investigate the site.  I have printed off the Cleaning guide from the site for my helper and me so maintain all Airbnb expectations for superhost, and I live under the "Menu" tab.  On there I can find everything.  To find your reviews,  go in as a traveler. Find your listing by searching in your location.  Click on your picture and go to profile.  There you will find a tab showing your reviews and believe me, they are showing to your listing provided you have reviewed your guest as well.  Insights is a way to keep up with my progress.  This is the information guest see on your personal site.

Glenna and Dan

Oh the anticipation huh.  Well I just made superhost today after five months of stressing reviews, hard work, and lots of emails to guests.  I hosted a superhost recently who put me at ease I think.  She told me "you can't please everyone, and yes, that 2.9 stars will come.  You will just feel the pain and wonder how did that happen, but this too shall pass and you will gain experience from it."  Wise gal she was, and made me aware that I needed to really investigate the site.  I have printed off the Cleaning guide from the site for my helper and me so maintain all Airbnb expectations for superhost, and I live under the "Menu" tab.  On there I can find everything.  To find your reviews,  go in as a traveler. Find your listing by searching in your location.  Click on your picture and go to profile.  There you will find a tab showing your reviews and believe me, they are showing to your listing provided you have reviewed your guest as well.  Insights is a way to keep up with my progress.  This is the information guest see on your personal site.
Glenna and Dan

أهلا وسهلا بكم  أنا جديد هون مضيف من مصر  اريد ضيوف مرحبا بكم 

@لمسات0 

YES
NO
MAY BE

EF2C5D55-863A-4568-B58D-D630D0141FC6.jpeg

Hello, I’m new  I have my listing and no booking yet 

@Nieves93 
Dating site 2nd door on the right. Bye now

when you both have written a review, the review will be published

Tomas398
Level 2
La Florida, Chile

when you both have written a review, the review will be published. You can see it in the ad. But not yet in the listing.

Hi Everyone 
I am new here and would appreciate any advice. I have been booked every weekend since I started. No booking yet for this weekend, fingers crossed. I’m hoping to get longer then a couple of days. 3 stays so far and two reviews. I’m getting great info by reading all your posts. The Questions to ask guests was a great idea by the way! Any advice for me would be so much appreciated. Thank you.  Here is my link 

https://abnb.me/KzRohaNp7tb