When will it be a good time to start listing in the UK?

Answered!
Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

When will it be a good time to start listing in the UK?

Hello. I am hoping to go live with my Airbnb listing .

I've already started to proceed with taking pictures and making the descriptions.

When will it be possible to start my Airbnb business ,knowing now everyone is getting  their jabs done this year?? 

feedback  welcome

1 Best Answer
Jo620
Level 4

Hi Mike and Jane0

I do plan to start after 16th .of ApriI.2021 . I  have listed my room and is now live.

I checked on other listings and come across the same sort of dates  to start.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jo620  It depends on your market.

If holiday makers then April 12th is the earliest people can come (assuming its a complete property) so worth listing soon.

If workers then its legal now for whole properties.

If its a shared home I'm less sure of the dates.

Jo620
Level 4

Hi Mike and Jane0

I do plan to start after 16th .of ApriI.2021 . I  have listed my room and is now live.

I checked on other listings and come across the same sort of dates  to start.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jo620 Probs best not to post that you plan to break the law. As @Helen3 said the earliest you can host is May 17th. You can leave the listing live but should probably block dates up to May 17th.

Jo620
Level 4

Hi Mike,

Thankyou your information .I have now changed my dates as from the 16th of April.

I am very new to this and wish to do the right thing ,Jo620

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Firstly read English gov legislation around Covid regarding short term accommodation if you want to operate during lockdown.

If not you can open your listing whenever you want but block your calendar so you can't take bookings for whole listing 12 April or 17 May for shared listings @Jo620