critique my listing

Answered!

critique my listing

Hi, I'm brand new to hosting.  Will somebody please critique my listing?  Thank you!

2 Best Answers
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1608 if you have self check in why do you limit check in hours to 7pm?

View Best Answer in original post

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1608 personally, apart from a small period last year when Covid was rife, we use the Strict cancellation policy. This or Firm are still our choices. Anything more flexible allows cancellations too close to a stay to get us re-booked with the most flexible policy actually giving guests a refund after they have started their stay. You need to look at the various policies and see which one works for your market/circumstances.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10

Sorry, I forgot to add a picture & a direct link.  Thanks!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/53790996?source_impression_id=p3_1641056208_dbJ7myTLrd%2BnWgCZ&guests=1...

IMG_8753.HEIC.jpg

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nancy1608 

We can find your listing anyway, as it is on your profile ;>)

BTW direct (short) link is:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/53790996

Homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/169566122/listings

In search system (to test under with conditions it shows up):

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=169566122&map_toggle=true

Please note:

You offer the "non-refundable" option to guests (10% discount)

The additional  guest fee for guest nr 2,3 and 4 is set to $50,-

(discounts are not applied on the additional guest fees).

@Emiel1 Thank you for much for bringing the additional guest fees to my attention. I meant to set that up for each guest after the initial 4. I will go in & try to fix that. Have a great Day!

@Emiel1 I believe I made the changes that you recommended correctly. Is there any way to accept more than 4 guests if somebody requests that & I approve it?  Right now I am only able to check the price for only 4 guests. Thank you for any input. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1608 if you have self check in why do you limit check in hours to 7pm?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1608 Are you aware that the Extenuating Circumstances policy overrides your non-refundable option? 

@Mike-And-Jane0 no, thank you for pointing that out. I will make changes to that. what is your suggestion for the best cancellation policy?  Thank you!

Also, I will make changes to the checkin time limits. I guess I was thinking there needed to be a time put in place since it was there as an option. Thanks again!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nancy1608 personally, apart from a small period last year when Covid was rife, we use the Strict cancellation policy. This or Firm are still our choices. Anything more flexible allows cancellations too close to a stay to get us re-booked with the most flexible policy actually giving guests a refund after they have started their stay. You need to look at the various policies and see which one works for your market/circumstances.

Samantha963
Level 2
Huntsville, AL

Can someone please critique my listing. I believe my description is confusing judging from the questions that are asked 

@Samantha963  Both of your listings have hardly any descriptions. You haven't given nearly enough information.

Go back and edit. Fill out all the sections available- "The space", Guest Access", "Other things to know", "Interaction with guests".

Look at other hosts' listings to get an idea of what a complete and informative description reads like.

Also I noticed you have several reviews on your second listing which mention an extremely noisy tenant upstairs. It is important to mention any cons in your listing description. What you want to do is ward off guests who leave complaining reviews and mark you down iin ratings.

You would put this information in the "Other things to note" section. Something like "There is another unit upstairs from this listing. The tenants there can often be loud. If you will be disturbed by hearing sounds from the other unit, this listing might not be the best choice for you."

Hosts disclose all sorts of cons- potential for noise, heavy traffic, areas with lots of endemic insect life or wildlife. No place is "perfect" so it's important not to simply extol all the virtues and none of the warts. 

Your first listing is incorrect, so I am not surprised the guests are confused. It shows a queen bed, air mattress, and crib in the bedroom, and a queen bed, air mattress, and crib in the living room.