extra costs and taxes

Answered!

extra costs and taxes

Hello,

I have an appartement for rent in Curacao. The price is excl. 7% tax and if people use to much electricity I want that my tenants to pay is afterwards. How can I charge my tenants after they visit the appartement? I hope someone can help me with this issue. 

1 Best Answer

@Dushi5  You could try asking the guests to pay after checkout by sending a resolution request. But if the guest declines the charge, Airbnb will not collect it on your behalf. An unexpectedly high charge at the end of a stay will invariably lead you to poor reviews. Also, charging separately for utilities may be in violation of Airbnb's hosting standards and could result in your listing getting suspended - see here:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Electricity-and-monthly-rentals/td-p/569121

Your nightly and per-guest pricing should be adjusted to cover the cost of electricity, with enough of a margin to cover you when it gets overused. But you may offer an incentive such as a rebate or discount after the stay to guests who meet a certain efficiency target. And any measures you can take to make your home features as energy efficient as possible are helpful to both your wallet and the environment.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

@Dushi5  You could try asking the guests to pay after checkout by sending a resolution request. But if the guest declines the charge, Airbnb will not collect it on your behalf. An unexpectedly high charge at the end of a stay will invariably lead you to poor reviews. Also, charging separately for utilities may be in violation of Airbnb's hosting standards and could result in your listing getting suspended - see here:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Electricity-and-monthly-rentals/td-p/569121

Your nightly and per-guest pricing should be adjusted to cover the cost of electricity, with enough of a margin to cover you when it gets overused. But you may offer an incentive such as a rebate or discount after the stay to guests who meet a certain efficiency target. And any measures you can take to make your home features as energy efficient as possible are helpful to both your wallet and the environment.