how to confirm check-in time on a guest's reservation

Joe2615
Level 1
Cleveland, OH

how to confirm check-in time on a guest's reservation

Hi,

I am new to hosting and have my first guest arriving tomorrow!  I updated settings after I published the listing, including an update to the check-in time.  My question is: is there a way for me to see the check-in time that was/is on the reservation?  I can't find it.  I can see what's in my listing now, currently, for new reservations, but I think it was different when they confirmed the reservation arriving tomorrow. Thanks. 

5 Replies 5
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Joe2615,

Welcome to the community!

You can click on the guest reservation detail on the booking page. You may find the check-in times and other information.

Happy Hosting 😊

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Joe2615 On the booking confirmation email you got from Airbnb when this booking was made, you should see the check in and check out times that were set at that time. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joe2615  You should also check your check in and out times, and all your settings quite frequently. Many hosts here have reported their check-in time suddenly appearing as flexible, when the host never changed that setting.

Guests also get something on their end where they can request a check-in time outside of the host's settings. It says on that page that it is a request the host has to approve, but some guests might ignore that part and think that just checking a custom time is all that's required.

You should always communicate with guests to find out their ETA.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hope you have found the information on the communication regarding the reservation by now.  In the past, I received bookings a year in advance due to high profile events and it wasn't unusual for me to tinker with different settings like you.  As @Sarah977  suggests, you should be in contact with the guest to get an ETA if you are meeting them at the listing.  I usually send a message a week from check in and confirm the ETA.  

@Linda108  Even for hosts with self-check-in, it would seem prudent to get an ETA, as many hosts only reset the door code a few minutes before check-in time to prevent guests showing up early. Even though guests should certainly respect check in times, I know many don't.

If they arrive an hour early, and find they can't get in, even though they are in the wrong, they are going to be irritated, and guests who start their stay irritated are likely to find fault with other things.

Seems better for the host to ask, in case they assume they can check in whenever it's convenient for them.