new to listing and hosting

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

new to listing and hosting

my listing is showing that I am in Cuba and in Casa Particular!!!!

how on earth do I change that because I am in Scotland! 

jeez.

Craig

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Craig638 

Your listing shows it is in Inverclyde, Scotland

It is mentioned at top of page and at the map.

that "Casa Particular" ("private house" in Spanish) must be somehow sneaked in

Did you add extra languages (Spanish) ?

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

i have.... and i do not see any mention of casa particular anywhere... if I did i would edit it

they have to make this far far easier

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Craig638 

Maybe something went wrong when choosing the "property type' in the listing ?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Craig638 why do you not set the max guest count at 2 and then charge your £10 extra for guest numbers over 1?

done that.  thanks

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

because it is only for one.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Craig638  That isn't the correct way to list. You are going to have no end of trouble with guest counts amd extra payments.

If you only want to host 1 guest at a time (I also only host solo guests), then don't list an extra fee for two, and retitle your listing- Double room means for two.

Also, why do you have 4 cancellations out of 6 reviews? You can't just cancel guests like that. Most guests wouldn't take a chance booking with a host who shows that they cancel a lot- it's way too risky for guests.

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

hi sarah...i've updated it based on previous messages from the community

@Craig638  Updated what? Your title is Double Room, which means it is for 2 people. As I said, if you only want one guest at a time, change the title to something like "For solo travelers", as mine states, or " Private room for one guest". Whatever you do, don't say Double Room. 

And don't mention  an extra charge for a second guest. You don't want to encourage guests to ignore your booking settings.

Either choose to host up to 2 and change the guest count to 2 or stick to one and make that abundantly clear.

As it stands, your listing is confusing.

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

can you check again........ is that clearer?

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

ahhh thanks... yes that makes sense now.  I have updated it to 2.  i'll go back in and remove the extra charge bit... thank you for your help...  i appreciate that.  check my listing again if you can... then let me know what you think.

blessings from Scotland x

@Craig638  It still says 1 guest right under your heading. Also, it says shared bathroom, which I assume means you share the bathroom with guests. You need to make clear in your listing description the areas the guests share with the host.

Remove the wording that says you are often not home so the guests might have the place to themselves. You don't want the guests to have a party in your absence. If you leave for a day or more, don't tell them when you'll be back. You want them to think you could walk in the door anytime.

Craig638
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

ok thanks, will do that