cancelation of booking at NYE

Bouke0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

cancelation of booking at NYE

I recently started with Airbnb and I approved a guest for 1 night at NYE. But someone else wanted the book first for two nights. I cancelled the 1 night approval. But now the two night reservation can't book his two nights. I try to make these dates available but on the 31st of December it is still blocked by the 1 night reservation allthough it said it is cancelled. How can my other guest who want 2 nights book my appartment? What can I do?

6 Antwoorden 6
Hissie-En-Tonnie0
Level 5
Groningen, Netherlands

Actually, there is nothing that you can do.

You cancelled the reservation and there for your calendar is booked.
Airbnb does this to prevent hosts from cancelling where they have the posiblility to earn more money.

This is some sort of punnishment.

You now can also not become a superhost for a year and the next time you cancel a reservation they will give you a $50 penalty.

You could call them to explain and apologize but i dont give you much of a chance

Booked = blocked 

sorry for that

Bouke0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thanks for your answer!

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Bouke, het lijkt me goed dat je je verdiept in de werking van het systeem. Lees in elk geval even dit artikel: https://www.airbnb.nl/help/article/990/how-do-host-cancellation-penalties-work

Bouke0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dankjewel Bob, soort van nieuw en kreeg opeens allemaal reserveringen binnen en 1 reservering was meteen al helemaal bevestigd zonder dat ik daar erg in had.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dat kan inderdaad erg snel gaan weet ik uit eigen ervaring :). En de terminologie die door Airbnb wordt gebruikt, is vaak ook op verschillende manieren te interpreteren. Je kunt overigens vanuit elk veld naar de help-sectie. Dan worden de onderwerpen getoond die op die pagina van toepassing zijn.

Anyway, succes met hosten!

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf