AirBNB "Account In Review"

Michael5674
Level 1
New York, NY

AirBNB "Account In Review"

Hi All, 

Has anyone had luck getting your account out of review? I'm not a host, and have always had great reviews, but recently went to make a reservation and was told I'm in review. I'm worried about losing out on a great AirBNB in a hard-to-get location, but am stuck in this limbo. Tried calling, messaging on Instagram and Facebook, and nobody seems to be able to help. Worried about this and wondering if I'm missing something? My Facebook and google are connected etc and I recently changed my password, too! 

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michael5674  You say no one has been able to help- have they just not been able to tell you why your account would suddenly be under review, when you aren't a newbie guest and have a page full of good reviews?

It could also be some sort of tech glitch.

Michael5674
Level 1
New York, NY

I'm thinking it could be a tech glitch, but one heck of a tech glitch right at the wrong time, and especially when I have a ton of credit from a recent birthday gift added to my account =(. 

But to answer your question - that's exactly right: no explanation as to why. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Michael5674 

Welcome to the community 😊

It could also be one of your hosts has reported your profile to Airbnb on your recent travel trip.

Do you remember any incident that happened? Or you uncertain sure and not be aware of the incident.

Keep in contact with the Airbnb Support Help Center acknowledges the team to remind the case manager to update you urgently.

I hope Airbnb will contact you sooner and resolve the case.

I have the same problem with you

Were you able to get this resolved?

How long did it take?  I  am dealing with the same issue...