Calendar dates automatically unblocking

Jeff2320
Level 1
Jacksonville Beach, FL

Calendar dates automatically unblocking

I have some issues with the calendar. I have blocked out several months only to find some of the dates randomly come available. At first, I thought I must have accidentally hit something but it kept happening. I contacted Airbnb and was told they didn't do it...it was me.  Frustrating! I now check my calendar blocked dates regularly to make sure they are still blocked. Inevitably some days will still be unblocked. 

Please let me know if someone has a solution or trick to fix this. 

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Jeff2320 ,

Since you commented on an older thread, I have created a new topic for you! Hopefully, other members will take notice of your query and provide you with some useful advice.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jeff2320 

Hello Jeff, This has been an ongoing problem for many users over the years and the problem revolves around the calendar booking window you may have set.

Lets take a hypothetical example:

You block off May, June and a couple of weeks of July 2023 on your booking calendar as you do not wish to accept reservations for those months and weeks.

You have also set yourself a 3 month booking window.....in other words you will accept bookings up to 3 months in advance of today's date. Now remember Jeff that booking window is a rolling block! As each new day arrives, another day opens up at the end of your booking window on your calendar. 

This screenshot will show how you set your booking window.

1/.....Go to your Listing Editing page.

2/....Scroll to the Pricing and Availability section

3/.....Go to Availability window and click 'Edit' for  availability options.

All future dates calendar.png

Now what is happening Jeff, each time a day becomes available to your booking calendar the day will automatically open regardless of whether you have blocked it or not.

The problem most often shows up when you suddenly get a booking for nights you thought you had blocked, but the reality is the rolling calendar window has opened those dates on you. 

The only way I have found to get around this problem Jeff is to set my reservation window to 'All Future Dates' so the rolling window does not come into play.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.........Rob 

@Bhumika 

Julie5884
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

I am having the exact same problem and I've called airbnb a couple times this week. It started in January 2024 and I thought I made a mistake and transferred the guest to a premium property for no additional cost because I was feeling bad. Then it suddenly started happening to all of my listings. A few days here suddenly become unblocked here and there on fully blocked months and realized when I looked this up that it is happening to other hosts. The last time I called airbnb, they showed me how to unlist a property for future date and the customer service rep from airbnb confirmed that everything has been blocked. Then last night I get an inquiry on a property that was unlisted and see that the virus has unblocked dates randomly on all the calendars, so I went in again and cancel and blocked the dates again. I called airbnb today and they are investigating to see if I had unblocked it. I told them to look at the notes which explains that I did it with the customer rep from airbnb together and the reasoning is cause owners are living in their spaces in the summer so I am not unblocking any calendars for any reason. I don't want to loose my superhost status so I am not cancelling any guests, I am asking them to cancel. Some of them are cancelling and some of them are refusing. What a mess! The customer rep told me no cases have been reported about this issue but this is a massive problem, they need their engineers to take a look. I hope this gets resolved soon!