Can the Calendar Be ANY Worse

Answered!
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Can the Calendar Be ANY Worse

This is a message that I recently posted to Catherine Powell's post about the "wonderful" changes that AirBnB has made to their platform at the behest of users and owners:

@Catherine-Powell   CAN YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about the changes that have been made to the calendar.   I am an older person who wears trifocal glasses and uses a large screen computer in order to conduct online business.  The new calendar format in shades of grey is HORRIBLE and DIFFICULT to work with.  I am unable to ascertain when bookings start and stop, when bookings are from other sites, and when AirBnB is blocking the calendar for cleaning or unbookable days.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE inform your programmers that your websites should meet ADA requirements for people who are visually handicapped.  This is SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.  I have no idea why they felt that these changes are beneficial...and god forbid I try to see it on an App. I can't.  Ridiculous.

I know that I am shouting into the wind, but I have some hope that someone with clout will see the changes and request that the website be ADA compliant for the visually handicapped.  I am not asking for much.  Just well defined calendar date squares with legible numbers.  Details that show the start and stop dates of a reservation.  A block for the cleaning day(s).  The start and stop day of a reservation from another OTA.  Pretty much what we used to have before the programmers got busy.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Lorna170,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are committed to making sure our products are as inclusive as possible for all users.  We’ve shared your comment with our Accessibility Design team for review. As a result, a representative from our Product team would like to reach out to you directly and discuss your feedback in more detail. Please check your DM.

Thank you!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Lorna170 After reading your post, I opened the listing calendar for the first time. (I only use the multi-calendar and it remains very clear and reservations are easily distinguishable.) But I see what you mean - way too many greys, hard to read. I definitely would not be thinking it's an improvement. 

Hi @Lorna170,

Definitely not shouting in the wind! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sharing this with our design team as it's really useful and important feedback. Thank you for sharing here.

Take care,

Catherine

Hello.

I spoke with Airbnb support yesterday regarding the calendar and how it looks in "monthly" via. I sent a screen shot to backup my concerns. Fiveteen minutes after sending the the pic, I was asked to send a screen shot and informed that the calendar was displayed correctly!

I was not happy with the support and asked if I could be transfered to another department.

Now I receive text messages on my phone to check my inbox.

The last message from support was the 5th of March 2022.

Since yesterday I have had about eight messages to check my inbox.

I repeat the last message was 5 of March 2022.Calendar view 1st - 18th April 2022.png

PLEASE give me back the "monthly" box calendar. 
The new one only shows a few days and scrolling back and forth check availability and block days for our maintenance trips.

Have you figured out how to get it back to the monthly? Mine just switched last week and it's driving me crazy! I can see a monthly on the app, but not on the desktop. Thanks!

Thank God! Because I'm not impaired at all but the new calendar is TERRIBLE! Difficult to understand and quite frankly, bad design. Go back to the original please!! 

@Catherine-Powell 

I want to thank you for sharing my concerns with your design team.  However, there has been NO IMPROVEMENT since February 2022 in the grey shading and other "features" that have made this calendar so difficult for the visually impaired.  AirBnB should be ashamed of themselves.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Lorna170,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are committed to making sure our products are as inclusive as possible for all users.  We’ve shared your comment with our Accessibility Design team for review. As a result, a representative from our Product team would like to reach out to you directly and discuss your feedback in more detail. Please check your DM.

Thank you!

-----

Can you read this?

GREYSCALE.jpg

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Lorna170 ,

Thank you for sharing the calendar screenshot! I have made sure that it reaches the correct point of contact. I am sure this will help the Design Team to have a closer look at the problem.

Thanks again! Will keep you posted if I receive further updates.

-----

The reply I received today from AirBnB:

My name is ** at Airbnb.

Thank you for your recent Executive Escalation in regard to the calendar feature on the Airbnb platform.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and we thank you very much for your time and patience thus far. Rest assured your honest feedback is duly noted. We are always looking out for suggestions to make our platform better and this includes insights from valuable members of our community like yourself.

Again we're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and we certainly appreciate your extra time spent on this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

I don't want an apology.  Fix the calendar PLEASE.

**[Name hidden due to privacy concerns - Community Center Guidelines]

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Peggy-And-Steve0 

On your laptop browser, click on your listing on the left side of the "weekly" calendar and it should default to the monthly view calendar.

Good luck!

M199
Level 10

Screenshot_20221023-165104_Airbnb.jpg

M199
Level 10

It's  under calendar settings.