Critique my Listing

Lala89
Level 3
Houston, TX

Critique my Listing

Hello everyone. I'm new to hosting on here and I've mostly been getting 1 day or weekend bookings. 

Please can you share tips to improve my listing and how to increase occupancy during the week for longer stays? Ideally, I will like people who would book at least 7 days or longer. 

here is the link to my listing - https://abnb.me/bqCy86Hofwb

7 Replies 7
Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello Lala89, 

You have a very nice listing! 
I was thinking you could require a minimum of 3 days. Maybe, even a minimum of a 7 day stay. 
Good luck to you. 
~Debbie

Thanks Debbie. I just updated my listing to 3 might minimum. Hopefully, I get more traction. 

Thank you so much for the feedback on my listing Debbie. I have updated my listing to a 3-night minimum. I want to be searchable, so I didn't opt for the 7-night minimum yet. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Lala89 

1. you can set stays for a minimum of two nights

2. when you did your research when setting up your listing did you find there's a market in your location and your type of listing for one week  bookings . Who do you see as your target market for these sort of bookings

For my listing I usually get shorter stays or three week plus stays from those moving to my city to live. I rarely attract one week bookings 

There was a market and those were typically travel nurses, relocation people and folks like that. However, it seems like January is a slow month all around which is frustrating because this is my first month. 

I did update my listing to a 3-night minimum though. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Lala89   You may want to adjust your pricing to attract longer stays - for example, when I start a listing, my weekday pricing is lower than my weekend pricing, (180 weekday, 200 weekend) and my week discount is 7 times my weekday price so guests would "get a great deal" if they stayed longer.  Note:  I did not discount my weekday price lower than what I wanted -- I increased my weekend price.  I still had lots of weekend only bookings, but started to see more weekdays get booked, so it was a win-win.

If you only want 7 day bookings, change your listing to 7 days with a designated turnover day.  This will only work well if your area attracts week-long visitors (like most beach locations do).  I have also seen duplicated property listings where one listing is open only on the weekends and the other listing for the same property is only for the weekdays.  

Thanks for the tip. I have updated my listing to a 3-night minimum stay after I realized I'm booked every weekend in January. 

My weekdays in Jan are open so I updated those to 1 night stay minimum. I didn't think it will be such a hassle getting the weekdays filled up.