Critique my listing - Amy in Isla Del Sol/St. Petersburg, FL.

Critique my listing - Amy in Isla Del Sol/St. Petersburg, FL.

Hello Community, 

I would love a critique of my listing. I am new to Airbnb. Our listing has been live for almost a year now here on Airbnb as well as VRBO. My husband and I bought this property for personal use to escape the cold Midwest winter months. We spend about 6-8 weeks here throughout the year, mostly in the winter months. I would love to increase my summer bookings. Any advice to improve my listing and increase summer bookings is appreciated. We had 2 bookings last summer. 

Amy

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/676582856039486417?guests=1&adults=2&s=67&unique_share_id=794ae44a-c350...

018.jpg

2 Replies 2
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Amy2398  Nice place, no reason for it not to do better. One suggestion - start showing the place from the outside in (the first 5 photos needs to grab them, 1-2 of interior will do) then show inside in logical order (living room, kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom, etc) and then to neighborhood pictures and ultimately area ones and finally local places to visit. A few 4-5) of each will do, a walk-through.

You start outside the door, you walk in and look around and then zoom out to put the place in perspective (neighborhood) and then local attractions.

Also remember photos need not be all showing everything (edge to edge), oftentimes a slice of a room (or subject) is best because it leaves room for the imagination.

Thank you. That is helpful advice.