Critique my listing- Justin, NW Colorado

Justin1561
Level 1
Hayden, CO

Critique my listing- Justin, NW Colorado

Hello, the property is new and I would love some constructive feedback. Thanks!

https://www.airbnb.com/h/theoutpostcraig

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Justin1561 

Wow!  The listing is beautiful, very tastefully decorated and the tone you set in your descriptions matches the warmth and cosiness of the place😍 

For me, nothing to add except well done and I wish you all the best,

Joëlle

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

The house is beautiful! Very nicely decorated, and seems to have everything you might need, high quality, very comfortable. Good photos, detailed and interesting texts.

I think the only thing I am missing, is a couple more photos of the outside of the house. When it is not winter, would guests sit outside? Maybe a photo with some porch/garden furniture? 

Thanks for the feedback! I think you’re right! We just finished the place and got the listing up (and the winter weather has been terrible since) but we will definitely get more outdoor pictures up soon! 
Thanks!

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Justin1561 

You have a very nice listing and I love the story and ambiance and the way you have presented it.

Maybe use The Outpost in the title?

Just a few thoughts of mine as I read the listing. 

If you are hosting for the first time, I would not use instant book to start. You will need to vet your guests to avoid partiers or more people than you want. When you mention parking for 4 cars plus, and chairs that turn into beds you may attract the wrong crowd. Or maybe not, you know your market. 🙂 6 guests is plenty.

There is an inconsistency with pets- description says dogs welcome but house rules say no pets. Along the same lines, think about wildlife possibly clashing with a guests dog, it might be worth a warning if there are coyotes or wolves around.

I agree that the exterior should have a bench or seating area staged. Even if you are not going to use it in winter, it makes an inviting photo.

I wouldn't say that you are rarely in town. Again might attract the wrong crowd.

One last tip if you are new at this, and even if you are not, with a whole house do not try and do a same day turn-around. At least one day between will allow for those big cleaning jobs and unexpected repairs etc.

Cheers and best of luck!

Thank you very much for your feedback! Good catch with the “dogs welcome” we have since decided to not allow pets but forgot to change it. Good call on all of this!

Thanks!