Critique my listing - Neal in Columbia, SC, USA

Answered!

Critique my listing - Neal in Columbia, SC, USA

1 Best Answer

Thank you so very much for taking the time to help us with our 1st listing on Airbnb!

Your detailed reply will help us improve the listing and hopefully attract more reservations. Your response is unique to us to have someone from so far away taking so much of their precious time to help a fellow host in need of assistance. We wish you the very best, and may God bless every moment of your life. Thank you, Gillian 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Neal128!

Thanks for posting your lovely listing.

Calling @Kitty-and-Creek0@Huma0@Gillian166... would love to see some critiques if you've got a moment!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Neal128  Welcome to the CC. 

Looks good as a starting point but here are some tips: 

photos: try to take daytime pics so you don't need to use the interior lights, horizontal pics work better for real estate photos. Put captions on your pics, the algo reads all the words in your listing so you are missing out by not having more text there, plus guests don't read properly so repeating yourself is a good idea. 

You have great reviews, although I see you will already have felt the angst of the "location" rating. That one drives most of us a bit bonkers. 

You might be aware there's a bit of consumer backlash against checkout chores, so asking guests to put on a load of laundry might be a dealbreaker for some, in 2023 the checkout chores are supposed to be highlighted to guests before they book. 

I also have to represent for big dog owners.... little dogs are likely to be less trained, more barky more likely to chew things, oh and they 100% will sit on the furniture. Larger dogs generally are better trained by conscientious dog owners who actually wanted a dog, rather than some fluffy toy plaything, generally smaller dogs are not trained as well as larger dogs... just my 2c worth on that subject. 😊 The discrimination against larger dogs is really not warranted. We are hosting a family with a (small) dog currently and I've seen it on the bed barking out the window as we walk past... 🙄  I'm keeping my 3 larger dogs away as the poor thing might have a heart attack if it actually sees a real dog. 🤣.  Hosting pets is a great way to differentiate though, if you want to go away with kids, the dog and have a swimming pool, we are 1 of 1 in our region. I provide a large doona, a few spare towels, dog bowls, treats and a wet vac + cleaning supplies. You'll have to research your area and competition to see if that's worth highlighting. 

See how you go with the discount for no refund option. I had that turned on but soon found that guests still wanted the option to cancel.... so I scrapped it. You might also want to consider moving to a 5 day cancellation period as people will book you on a whim knowing they can cancel the day before, and this also gets a bit tiresome (learned that the hard way too!)

Your pricing looks very reasonable, and your first batch of guests have loved the place so you're doing all the right things!  You'll make superhost super fast. All the best. g

Thank you so very much for taking the time to help us with our 1st listing on Airbnb!

Your detailed reply will help us improve the listing and hopefully attract more reservations. Your response is unique to us to have someone from so far away taking so much of their precious time to help a fellow host in need of assistance. We wish you the very best, and may God bless every moment of your life. Thank you, Gillian 🙂