Help! I accepted a reservation and then realised it had the low season rate

Belen0
Level 2
Oxford, England, United Kingdom

Help! I accepted a reservation and then realised it had the low season rate

Hello, I just accepted a reservation for the summer and 10 minutes later realised that Airbnb had filled in all future dates with my low-season rate.

I changed the reservation with the new rate and sent a very apologetic message to the guest explaining what'd happened. This happened 10 minutes after I'd accepted their reservation.

How does it work now? I understand the guest needs to 'accept' the change - what if they don't? Would I need to cancel the reservation instead?

Thanks for your help. I realise it doesn't look good to do this but it was a long booking and this mistake would cost me £500.

16 Replies 16
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

A contract is a contract. If you accept a reservation at the wrong rate, I would just eat the loss and learn from the mistake. Airbnb doesn't set rates, so it's not clear how it could have been their mistake.

Are you sure its Airbnbs mistake. If its a long booking and you have a weekly rate set for low season that is overriding your daily rate for high season possibly. The only way out of that is to custom set weekly and monthly rates for particular dates. If you havent done that that is where the rate is coming from...