This is a 4.9 listing /super host status. We were booked back to back for months, now it's been over 90 days with   No bookings, No inquiries.

Jessica134
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

This is a 4.9 listing /super host status. We were booked back to back for months, now it's been over 90 days with   No bookings, No inquiries.

This is a 4.9 listing /super host status. We were booked back to back for months, now it's been over 90 days with 

No bookings, No inquiries. I've dropped and raised the price removed cleaning at times. I've added a sale and more.

This all started when the law changed prohibited short term and I changed the minimum to 31 days.

No registration is required for 31 days or more. Still nothing. I have seen others post about this but there is no answer to what happened in the end. The listing is visible in a search but somehow not producing results. It doesn't make sense. It seems there is a way for it to be technically visible but not actually bookable or possibly not visible to many. If you have had this issue and resolved this issue please let me know what you did

12 Replies 12
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jessica134 

The Airbnb party is over for many if you go on to FB lots of areas closing down STR, 

Maybe this article will help,**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

I looked at a lot of this but there are several people that are in california for business and have relocated that need temporary housing. My personal listing are booked for over 31 days with ease 

I read the article but it didn't provide any new information. It just a sales gimic to sign up for a service 

Additionally, the myth that airbnb increases the cost of long term rentals is a complete lie promoted by the hotel industry. The short term market is less than a half a percent . Since the laws changed  and  banned a large percentage of short term the cost of housing and supply has not changed at all 

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

Personally I am not playing with rates or perks. I believe that for whatever reason, people are not traveling as much as they did in the past. It won’t matter what I charge in this case. Why discount it?

The issue is absolutely a tech issue and you are correct none of the suggestions Airbnb has offered worked. It's 100% the result of some filter. The company used when the law changed. So the listing is visible but not bookable. Demand is up and the cost is down everyone else with a comparable listing in the area is renting at double the price with lower star ratings, some are not even super host

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jessica134 

Have you checked on Airdna or similar to see what demand is like for 30 day stays in your area? 

maybe Airbnb is not the right or main platform for longer term bookings in your location ? Are you advertising on other platforms and taking direct bookings 

maybe there is falling demand in your city 

please ignore the advertising links @Sudsrung0  is directly you to. She gets a commission for sending traffic to these sites 

@Helen3 

You know nothing 

? About what 

I am a co host on this particular listing, I have 3 other listings with in 6 miles that are consistently booked for mid term stays (31. Days plus)  other plat forms have several inquiries for mid term stays and yes I have had to utilize them. It's definitely not the issue I just like the insurance on airbnb 

Laura976
Level 4
Newport, OR

@Jessica134 did find any resolution?  Receive any bookings?  Please update us if you have the time. 
Thanks and wishing you well!

Laura

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Jessica134 ,

Hope you are doing well! Since it has been a while, how have things been recently? 

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines