April - July 2021

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

April - July 2021

Hi all, 

In May, we introduced 100+ upgrades across our entire service. Below are some of the highlights, as well as a few more recent updates: 

New Arrival Guide for an easier check-in 

To provide guests with important check-in information upfront, we created an Arrival Guide that will appear at the top of guests’ Trips tab 48 hours before check-in. 

Wifi speed test 

To help you attract remote workers, we added a new wifi speed test that can measure the speed of your property’s wifi, then display it directly on your listing page.

Updated inbox search 

To make messaging with guests even easier, we’ve once again expanded the Host inbox to allow for searches by keyword (ex: “golden retriever”) in addition to guest name and confirmation code. 

New flexible search features

To bring more visibility to your listings, we’ve added three new flexible search features. Flexible dates allow guests to search by weekend, week, or month, flexible destinations let guests build trips around the types of spaces they want to stay in, and flexible matching surfaces listings that lie just outside of a guest’s search. 

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott When I tried the internet speed test it didn't do anything other than allow me to type in the speed. Is this available worldwide?

Also, I know this is cheating but, I got nowhere with Customer Support when a guest booked our place for £50 for 5 of the 9 night booking. I certainly didn't put a 5 nights for £50 total into the system (I don't even know how to do this). Sadly Customer support don't believe me and said there is no way to pass on the issue to the back room teams. I haven't experienced any loss as we persuaded the guest to cancel but I just worry that software glitches are going unreported to the people that can deal with them.

Hallo,

auch ich hatte das gleiche Thema mit dem Support, ich hatte nirgends Rabatte hinterlegt, und hatte plötzlich Wochen und Monatsrabatte. Der Kundendienst war auch nicht bereit zu helfen und meinte nur Airbnb mache das so, damit die Zimmerbelegung voll ist...schade

Hilde
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Scott 

Thanks. 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott @Brian2036 @Mike-And-Jane0 I can see flexible matching causing some confusion.

"But it came up on a search for places with a pool, where's the pool? I want to cancel"

Is there a plan for that?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Scott 

None of this is really very helpful, beyond the flexible search function for guests.

It would be great if Airbnb would allow hosts to manually override their minimum stay or preparation time.  Sometimes, the schedule works out so that a given set of dates are fine w/out the prep time...however, right now Airbnb doesn't allow for a host to override the timing.

But if you are interested in feedback here you go:

1)  "Arrival guide" I admit I don't see anything different here and certainly not a 'guide'...

2)  Wifi speed...I will not add the wifi speed because it is another possible reason a guest would complain and ask for a refund, 'wifi speed was not 100 mbps, but only 60'

3) Inbox.  I dislike the last two rounds of changes to the inbox, I don't see any improvements only more confusing lay out.  In our particular case the 'no new messages' feature created a disconcerting flashing of the entire inbox for several seconds, and repeatedly flashed no new messages when there were new messages...so, not very productive overall.  Please stop 'improving' the sections that actually work well.

4) Flexible search feature is a good idea.  

@Mark116 thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the 'no new messages' flashing in your inbox as it loads, sorry for that experience -- it was a bug.  Please let us know if you have any feedback on the new inbox search and filter functions.

That is the thing that I was searching for, what data, present here at this site!

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]

Yui-Hei0
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

@Scott 

Thank you for this. Was able to navigate the Wifi speed test!