hosting property managers

Answered!
Jordan0
Level 1
Milwaukee, WI

hosting property managers

Hello everyone!
I wanted to try to get some feedback from the hosting community in Tel Aviv. My main goal to see if anyone else would enjoy the use of a local property manager who would basically eliminate the work required to run and maintain your listing. This person would write descriptions, if required, help set prices, deliver keys, respond to tenant questions and most emergencies, clean and write reviews after rentals, etc.
In exchange for these services the provider would take a certain percentage of the income generated, 15-20%
How many of you guys would trade a small amount of your rental income for no hassle, passive, regular cash flow?
Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi Jordan, a property manager would not be suitable for me since my listing is on the same property as my home.  That said, I've seen many, many properties managed by property managers.  Take a look at Honolulu for example.  You need to contact a property manager in your area to determine whether or not it is in your interests to hire one. Good Luck!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi Jordan, a property manager would not be suitable for me since my listing is on the same property as my home.  That said, I've seen many, many properties managed by property managers.  Take a look at Honolulu for example.  You need to contact a property manager in your area to determine whether or not it is in your interests to hire one. Good Luck!

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Clare

surely Jordan is advertising in our host forum is that allowed?

I might be interested but i dont see you have experince in Airbnb, for how long you are to be in israel?

Tracy-and-Steve0
Level 3
West Palm Beach, FL

I would probably say no, because I find it kind of fun to do it myself.  

Francia3
Level 2
Germantown, MD

I met a wonderful man in Cuba this past week.  He has a lovely home he would like to place on Airbnb but is not able to manage it due to the lack of technology and connectivity issues in havana.  I currently manage my parents home and their listings and have become quite confident.  How would i go about adding his listing to manage?  I don't charge my parents any fees, but I would be charging him a fee probably 10%.  Any suggestions?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Francia3

How would you manage this remotely?

Do you speak fluent Spanish?

Do you know how to deal with the Cuban authorities if there is a problem?

Do you know local trusted suppliers you can call on if say there is a problem with a shower?

There are lots of hosts in Cuba who host including in Havana who would be better placed to help I would imagine.