$130 cancellation fee!!!! looking for US phone number to get this resolved

Answered!
Tara786
Level 1
Laguna Beach, CA

$130 cancellation fee!!!! looking for US phone number to get this resolved

I am new to AIrBNB and had a guest that booked for 6 months away and we both agreed to cancel and AIRBNB is charging $130.

For what? I have been on the phone all day (over seas).

Does anyone have a contact number in the United States to resolve this? I was unaware of a cancellation fee and would have just had the guest cancel it. I have spent all day trying to get them to do a 1 time refund and they have been returning my calls at 4 am. I am not happy with their customer service so far 

Top Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"and we both agreed to cancel.."

To Airbnb that means you are part of the cancellation and have the 'honor' of paying the cancellation fee. The guest is understandably quite happy with the outcome. Always have the guest have everything to do with cancellations.

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Tara786 

If you cancelled that booking then you are at fault under airbnb's T&C 

So rule number 1 is never cancel a booking always tell the guest to do it,They could have done it for Free,

I know you said you are new to airbnb but you really need to sit down and study how this business works I mean the STR business otherwise it's going to cost you money,

Here in the CC is a wealth of information and maybe join some FB groups,

There are many YT video's you can watch you will pickup snippet's of info,

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"and we both agreed to cancel.."

To Airbnb that means you are part of the cancellation and have the 'honor' of paying the cancellation fee. The guest is understandably quite happy with the outcome. Always have the guest have everything to do with cancellations.