3 Private Room Listings and Linked Calendars?

Timothy420
Level 3
Copperas Cove, TX

3 Private Room Listings and Linked Calendars?

Listing 1: Private Room, Shared Bath (bedroom A)

Listing 2: Private Room, Shared Bath (bedroom B)

Listing 3: Private Room, Private Attached Bath (bedroom A)

I have two bedrooms upstairs. One bedroom (bedroom A) has direct/private access to the bathroom via a side door, effectively making bedroom A a master bedroom. The other bedroom (bedroom B) must access the bathroom from the hall. The private entrance from bedroom A has locks on both sides of the door, allowing privacy for all guests (provided everyone remembers to lock the locks).

Bedroom A guests only need to lock the door to the hall (since they have the master), but bedroom B guests need to lock the doors from the hall and bedroom A. 

Anyway, here's what I'm wanting: 

When L1 OR L2 is booked, I also want L3 to block off. 

When L3 is booked, I also want L1 AND L2 to block off. 

Is there any way to make this happen?  Linking the calendars will block them all when any of them are booked. If that's my only option, when I get a booking, I'll have to manually open the days back up for the appropriate listing(s) (which is fine, I guess - just a pain). 

Currently, I only have two listings active (L1 and L2), but I'd like to make the full private suite available (L3) at a higher rate for those wanting a little more out of their stay.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Timothy420 my head is hurting but I think you need to

Link Calendar 1 to calendar 3 and

Link Calendar 2 to Calendar 3

This allows 1 and 2 to book and as soon as one does then 3 is blocked or when 3 is booked it blocks 1 &2

Just remember if you want to have a week off you must block all 3 calendars as only bookings are linked (if that makes sense)

I don't seem to have the option to customize how each calendar is linked. It's like all or nothing. I'll play with it more. Thanks for the reply!

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Timothy420 

What you want to do is not supported by the calendar link feature.  This is a scenario that I think may help but not fully resolve the conundrum. 

1. Link Listing 2 as primary and Listing 3 as secondary.  When Listing 2-Bedroom B with shared bathroom is booked, this will block the calendar of  Listing 3-Bedroom A with en-suite, and still allow the booking of Listing 1-Bedroom A with a shared bathroom.  I'd install a double deadbolt lock on the master bedroom's door to the bathroom and have the regular privacy bathroom knobs on both bathroom doors, and lock the deadbolt when a shared bathroom listing is booked.  The guest in Bedroom A would have to access the bathroom via the hall, but there will be less likelihood of the Bedroom B guest entering into Bedroom A.  For privacy and security, we have Schlage keypad doorknobs on our guest suites: https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-FE595CS-PLY-626-Lock/dp/B0046ZRICS.
  2. The Listing 3 calendar can still be sync'd with the Listing 1 and 2's calendars.  When Listing 3-Bedroom A with en-suite is booked, the other calendars will be blocked and only one bedroom will be rented.  When a booking or cancellation occurs you may have to manually refresh the sync because Airbnb automatically updates calendars every 3 hours: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/99.  

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Thanks for all the info!! 
and yes, I do have a double lock on the door from the master into the shared bathroom. The handle has a lock that locks from in the bathroom, and I have a deadbolt that only locks from inside the bedroom (I’m the only one with a key). I think it’ll work well, as long as I stay on top of the calendar availability for all listings haha. I wish Airbnb would put in more conditional logic on the calendars, but I don’t guess a whole lot of hosts are doing what I’m trying to do.